PMC PMC8-2 XBD Active Studio Monitor System Stack
Huge Scale Sound For Discerning Professionals
PMC’s twin cabinet format combines the PMC8-2 mid-field full-range monitor with the PMC8-2 SUB subwoofer, forming a perfectly integrated loudspeaker with the sub. Like the smaller active XBD systems, the PMC8-2 XBD configuration gains an impressive 6dB greater bass headroom than the main speaker alone.
The XBD configuration delivers a supreme monitoring experience with a sense of boundless headroom and immediate visceral attack. But these qualities aren´t about sheer volume; there´s no need to monitor at high level as the full dynamic range and depth of bass remains consistent at all listening levels and for everything from dance to full-scale orchestral material. The XBD format delivers superlative and effortless full-range monitoring quality in modest to larger control rooms.
In an XBD configuration, the audio input signal connects to the PMC8-2 monitor and is passed to the sub via the digital ‘through’ output. Once in the XBD mode, the highly sophisticated DSP engines in each cabinet ensure perfect acoustic dovetailing of the two units creating an awesome performer with the option of further enhancements made with the intuitive SoundAlign™ web interface.
The SoundAlign™ web interface is a simple and intuitive means of controlling and configuring your nearfield and midfield active monitors and subwoofers. Each monitor incorporates an internal web server accessible over a standard wired Ethernet connection using a web browser on any smartphone, tablet, PC, or Mac. It makes set-up easy, whether it’s stereo or the most complex immersive system.Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) technology
One of the keys to our legendary natural, uncoloured sound is our Advanced Transmission Line (ATL) bass-loading. ATL uses energy generated by the bass unit in a much more intelligent and efficient way than speaker designs based on ported or sealed boxes. Our Laminair airflow technology further enhances ATL and improves definition, timing and eradicates unwanted air noise.
- Type: Nearfield/Midfield reference monitor with ATL™ bass loading
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: 3-way active
- LF Driver Size: 2x 200mm (8”) | 2x 400W
MF Driver Size: 1x 55mm (2”) (soft dome) | 400W
- HF Driver Size: 1x 27mm (1”) Tweeter (soft dome) | 400W
- Amplifier Power: 1500W
- Effective ATL™ Length: 3m (9.8ft)
- Frequency Response: 25Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB)
- Sensitivity: +4dBu input signal = 98dB SPL @ 1m
- Max continuous SPL: 113dB @1m
- Max Peak SPL: 125dB @1m
- Directivity: H +/-45 degrees || V +/-50 degrees
- Input Types: XLR switchable between analogue & digital AES3
- Output Types: XLR digital AES3 (fixed 24-bit @ 96kHz)
- Network: Ethernet with PMC SoundAlign web interface
- Latency: 2.4mS
- Type: Active Subwoofer
- Driver Size: 2x 200mm (8”)
- Bass Amp: 2x 300W
- Idle Power: 25W
- Mains: 100 - 240VAC auto-switching, 50-60Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1068mm, 551mm, 440mm (PMC8-2) | 226mm, 551mm, 440mm (PMC8-2 SUB)
- Weight: 76.5 kg (PMC8-2) | 18.5 kg (PMC8-2 SUB)
- Discover the Professional Monitor Company [PMC8-2 XBD]: https://pmc-speakers.com/studio/pmc-8-2-xbd
But If you want to confirm availability first or inquire for possible discounts send us a quick mail or open the chat tab.