PMC PMC6 Powered Studio Monitor - Pair
Powered Studio Monitor with 200W 150mm Woofer and 200W 27mm Tweeter (pair) The PMC6 is packed with innovation and providing the same sonic signature as...
Type :Studio Monitors
Powered Studio Monitor with 200W 150mm Woofer and 200W 27mm Tweeter (pair)
The PMC6 is packed with innovation and providing the same sonic signature as our renowned larger monitors, it’s ideal for smaller control rooms or for use in larger immersive systems, where its astounding resolution allows critical mix decisions to be made with absolute confidence.
Advanced Transmission Line (ATL™)
With 20mm of excursion, the bespoke 6-inch bass driver is designed specifically to integrate with our latest ATL™ bass-loading and Laminair™ airflow technologies. The combination outperforms most 8-inch monitors, offering unparalleled bass extension, headroom, dynamics, and low distortion at all levels. The high end is courtesy of a one-inch precision-built fabric soft-dome tweeter, with a shallow waveguide that creates wide, tonally consistent dispersion and rock-solid imaging. Both the bass and treble drivers are precisely and individually controlled by a pair of 200W ultra-low-distortion, high-damping-factor Class-D amplifiers.
Whether in portrait or landscape placement, the PMC6’s sophisticated DSP engine automatically adjusts the crossover, ensuring optimum tonal accuracy, phase and imaging.
The monitor can be calibrated using the rear-panel controls or with PMC’s intuitive browser-accessible SoundAlign™ software.
The SoundAlign™ web interface gives you an unique and responsive way of controlling and configuring your near-field and mid-field active monitors and their subs. The SoundAlign™ allows you to run large multichannel systems smoother with smart features such as:
View your system and select monitors to adjust
Modify any speaker parameter – Level, EQ & more
The PMC6 can be upgraded by adding a PMC8 SUB to create a full-range, free-standing PMC6 XBD system. Activating the ‘XBD’ DSP mode ensures the perfect marriage of the two units, creating a clean LF extension down to 25Hz.
- Type: Nearfield reference monitor
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: 2-way active
- LF Driver Size: 6" Woofer
- HF Driver Size: 1" Tweeter
- HF Driver Type: Soft-dome
- Effective ATL™ Length: 1.8m (5.9ft)
- Frequency Response: 39Hz - 25kHz (- 3dB) (@1m full space, on-axis)
- Sensitivity: +4dBu input signal = 98dB SPL @ 1m
- Max continuous SPL: 106dB @1m
- Max Peak SPL: 118dB @1m
- Directivity: H +/-60 degrees || V +50/-40 degrees
- Input Types: XLR (analogue/digital switchable)
- Output Types: XLR digital AES3 (fixed 24-bit @ 96kHz)
- Network: Ethernet with PMC SoundAlign web interface
- Latency: 2.4mS
- LF Driver Power Amp: 200W
- HF Driver Power Amp: 200W
- Min Power: 35W
- Max Power: 400W
- Mains: 100 - 240VAC auto-switching, 50-60Hz
- Cabinet dimensions Portrait (H | W | D): 400mm (15.7”) | 215mm (8.5”) | 372mm (14.6”)
- Weight: 11.1kg (24.4lbs) each