Nord Wave 2 61-Key Keyboard Synthesiser (NEW)
Nord - Sweden Performance The Nord Wave 2 is something of a marvel. A powerful 4-part performance synthesizer combining Virtual Analogue (VA) synthesis, Samples, frequency...
Type :Keyboard Synthesizer
Nord - Sweden Performance
The Nord Wave 2 is something of a marvel. A powerful 4-part performance synthesizer combining Virtual Analogue (VA) synthesis, Samples, frequency modulation synthesis (FM) and Wavetable, with an intelligent layer-focused interface. The Wave 2 features 61 smooth-playing keys with aftertouch, robust 48-voice polyphony; intuitive performance features; and the immediacy of hands-on controls; the Nord Wave 2 delivers a dazzling universe of amazing sonic opportunity with advanced real-time tweaking and layering. If you’re a serious synthesist, you owe it to yourself to give the Nord Wave 2 a serious audition.
Exceptional sonic possibilities
With 4 independent synthesizers in one, the Nord Wave 2 offers exceptional possibilities for layering both classic waveforms and samples. Dedicated OLED displays for Program and Oscillator sections provide an excellent overview when shaping your sounds. The Wave 2’s broad range of performance features and instantly tweakable hands-on FX makes the Wave 2 Nord’s most versatile performance synthesizer to date.
Research & Development
The biggest innovations with Nord Wave 2 have been to the oscillator section with four modes: Analogue, Wavetable, FM, and Samples - easy and direct mode selections. Besides classic waveforms, mixtures, sync and noise, advances to samples have been upgraded to integrate with Clavia's excellent Nord Sample Library 3.0.
The Oscillator Control features additional control over shape, sync, and detune. The Oscillator section also includes a powerful multi-oscillator Unison effect with massive Superwaves that simultaneously generate hundreds of waveforms for monstrously fat and richly complex sounds.
The filter itself offers the choice between lowpass 12 dB and 24 dB, lowpass Moog style, bandpass, highpass and the new lowpass/highpass combination. On top of that, the Drive control has been implemented to roughen the filtered signal even before the effects.
- Type: Keyboard Synth
- Sound Engine: FM, Wavetable, Sample-based, Virtual Analogue Synthesis
- Analogue/Digital: Digital
- Number of Keys: 61
- Type of Keys: Semi-weighted, Velocity-sensitive
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Other Controllers: Modulation Wheel, Pitch Stick
- Polyphony: 48 Notes
- Presets: 4-part Multi-timbral, 16 x 25 Programs, Nord Sample Library 3.0
- Oscillators: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square, Pulse
- LFO: 1 x LFO (5 x waveforms)
- Filter: 12dB/24dB Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass, Ladder M, LP+HP
- Envelope Generator: ADSR (amp), AD/AR (mod)
- Effects Types: Tremolo, Ring Mod, Chorus, Ensemble, Vibe, Drive, 5 x Reverbs, Advanced Delay with Feedback
- Arpeggiator: Polyphonic
- Memory: 1GB Sound Memory
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (monitor in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/R)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (sustain), 1 x 1/4" (control pedal)
- Software: Nord Sound Manager
- OS Requirements - Mac: MacOS 10.7 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 7 or later
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 10cm
- Width: 100cm
- Depth: 30cm
- Weight: 9kg