Neumann KH 120-A Studio Monitor - Single
The Neumann KH 120-A Studio Monitor combines a 1" titanium fabric dome tweeter powered by 50 W RMS (80 W peak) of analog amplification with a 5.25"...
Type :Studio Monitors
The Neumann KH 120-A Studio Monitor combines a 1" titanium fabric dome tweeter powered by 50 W RMS (80 W peak) of analog amplification with a 5.25" long throw composite sandwich cone bass driver powered by 50 W RMS 80 W peak) analog amplification with dual front panel bass ports. The two speaker drivers are mounted in an elliptical mathematically modeled dispersion waveguide for smoother off-axis response and a more forgiving sound signature in different acoustical environments.
The front panel is made from one piece without discontinuities to reduce diffraction with protective metal grills and the cabinet is made of magnetically shielded aluminum to reduce resonances, improve heat dissipation, and extend the operating lifetime of the unit. The monitor is suitable for professional tracking, mixing, and mastering applications in broadcast, project, and post-production studios.
The system delivers a free field frequency response of 52 to 21,000 Hz with 4-position bass, low-mid, and treble acoustical controls for tailoring the response to different rooms and an input gain control from 0 to -15 dB. The front panel Neumann logo functions as an LED indicator for power and clip/limiting but can also be dimmed for light applications and for use when placed behind screens. A variety of wall, ceiling, truss, subwoofer, stand, and surface mounting options are available through a range of accessories (sold separately).
Neumann KH 120 Features:
- Compact bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor
- 5.25" low-frequency driver (50W), 1" high-frequency driver (50W)
- Elliptical Mathematically Modelled Dispersion (MMD) waveguide provides smooth off-axis response and accurate monitoring in non-ideal acoustical environments
- Powerful titanium fabric dome tweeter delivers low-distortion and high-frequency reproduction
- Composite sandwich cone woofer designs dampen breakup modes and reduce harmonic distortion
- Free-field frequency response: 52Hz to 21kHz (+/-3dB)
- Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100dB for 0dBu): <20dB(A) at 10cm
- Maximum SPL: (half space at 3% THD at 1m): 111.1dB SPL, averaged 100Hz to 6kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2kHz
- Crossover slope: 24dB/octave, 4th order
- Bass equalization: 0dB, -2.5dB, -5dB, -7.5dB
- Mid equalization: 0dB, -1.5dB, -3dB, -4.5dB
- High equalization: +1dB, 0dB, -1dB, -2dB
- Protection circuitry: low and high limiter
- Input: XLR, >10 kOhms
- Input gain control (sensitivity): -15dBu to 0dBu
- Output level control: 94dB, 100dB, 108dB, 114dB SPL
- Power Configuration:Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size:5.25"
- LF Driver Type:Magnetically shielded
- HF Driver Size:1"
- LF Driver Power Amp:50W (Continuous), 80W (Peak)
- HF Driver Power Amp:50W (Continuous), 80W (Peak)
- Total Power:100W (Continuous), 160W (Peak)
- Frequency Range:52Hz-21kHz
- Crossover Frequency:2kHz, 24 dB/octave
- Maximum Peak SPL:111.1 dB
- Input Types:1 x XLR
- Enclosure Type:Ported