Metric Halo LIO-8 4P 3D USB Type-C High-Resolution Audio Interface
Line Level Conversion... Perfected The best of everything you need, without the stuff you don't! When we introduced the ULN-8, people raved about the sonic...
Vendor :Metric Halo
Type :Audio Interface
Line Level Conversion... Perfected
The best of everything you need, without the stuff you don't!
When we introduced the ULN-8, people raved about the sonic quality, the features, and the power of our architecture. We also heard from the people that have their own "go to" mic pres, people that use analog consoles, and those that edit but don't record. They love the ULN-8 too, but didn't need the mic pres.
We heard you. For you, we have the LIO-8.
The LIO-8 incorporates the same Metric Halo Audio technologies in the ULN-8 including:
- 192k sample rate support for both Analog and AES Inputs and Outputs
- New DC-coupled, zero phase distortion, servo balanced Line Inputs and Outputs
- Fully clickless remote controlled Monitor outputs
- All LIO-8 analog outputs incorporate Metric Halo clickless remote technology allowing for flexible monitoring applications from stereo to 7.1 surround.
So why add mic pres back?
You may find yourself needing pres after purchasing a LIO-8. Rather than forcing you to buy more gear (or sell your LIO to buy a ULN-8) we give you the option to upgrade. We call this "Future Proof" and it's part of the design philosophy at Metric Halo.
This also lets you build a system over time; buy a LIO-8 today to get outstanding conversion and processing. Add four channels of ULN-R mic pres later, and another four after that. You can even add a +DSP license to your LIO-8 to tap into the full capabilities of the 2d card in your LIO-8.
Another benefit of having the ULN-R mic pres onboard is that you can take advantage of the LIO's flexible signal routing to use the Mic and Line inputs with the Sends to create pre-A/D convertor insert points.
As with all Metric Halo products, the LIO-8 features an upgrade path. Or two.
While the base configuration of the LIO-8 doesn't include mic pres, you can opt to have 4 or 8 channels of the same ULN-R mic pres as the ULN-8 included in your unit. The LIO can be ordered this way from the factory, or the pres can be installed later.
You can also choose to upgrade your processing by adding the +DSP license, which adds over 100 plug-ins to your LIO and gives you the ability to create and save complex processing "graphs" as well as access to factory supplied "macros" including processors, amp simulators and more. You can find out more about +DSP here. Adding +DSP to your LIO is easy, just put the software license code into MIO Console and your box is unlocked.
LIO-8 Key Benefits at a Glance
- Exceptional, Best-In-World, Archival Grade Converter Quality
- Flexible, Integrated Analog-Domain Monitor Controller
- Universal Sample Rate SupportAnalog, AES and Firewire Interfacing
- Rock Solid Stability: Mature, Real-World-Tested Firmware, Software and Drivers
- Instant Access to Tactile ControlsFully digital control for total recall, remote control and control surface support
- Comprehensive Precision Metering - so you always know what is going on
- Works with or without a Computer
- Metric Halo's Exclusive Per-channel selectable Character - from ultra clean to nice and gooeyIntegrated ultra-low-latency instantiable processing with plenty of DSP power to run it
- Most Compact, Lowest Weight, Lowest Power and Lowest Price in its Class
Buy the Metric Halo LIO-8 3D studio interface from Audiosaurus. The Online Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.