Check out the brand new 500 Series Module with Compressor/Limiter and Gate/Expander from SSL.
The 4000 B Dynamics (B-DYN) 500 series module takes the dynamics processor found in the channel strip of the SL 4000 B console and puts it into 500 Series format. Released in 1976, the 4000 B was the first console ever manufactured by Solid State Logic and was famously used in ‘The Stone Room’ at Virgin’s Townhouse Studio (London), Le Studio (Montreal) and Record Plant (LA). It was responsible for countless iconic records, including Phil Collins’ ‘In the Air Tonight’ and Peter Gabriel’s ‘Intruder’, both of which feature characterful compression on drums and vocals. The B-DYN module allows users to add heavily coloured, grabby, saturated compression from one of the rarest studio consoles ever made to their production toolkit.
B-Series Dynamics 500 Series Module Features:
- SSL's legendary 4000 B Series Channel Strip dynamics in a 500 Series format
- Includes a compressor/limiter and a gate/expander
- 3 stepped compression ratios, 2:1, 4:1, and 10:1
- DS mode employs a fixed 10:1 ratio with an additional sidechain filter
- Automatic make-up gain makes for fast, easy deployment
- Adjustable Thresh and Release knobs, with an auto-release setting and a built-in highpass filter
- EXP button toggles between a 20:1 gate or a 2:1 expander
- OUT setting takes the gate/expander out of the circuit without affecting the compressor/limiter
- LINK sidechain safeguards against image shift with stereo signals