WesAudio ngBusComp Analog Bus Compressor
- Aug 10, 2021
- 0 Comments
Not your average bus compressor!
Fully analog, dual mono, stereo, mid-side compressor, with digital recall.
Legendary sound of Stereo Bus compressor has been true companion on countless recordings since 40 years. Often recognized as “mixbus glue”, this particular compression sound have become industry standard. Now, we improve this design creating whole new level of versitality with unbeliveble modern DAW integration.
TRUE QUAD VCA THAT 2181
First and most important point – ngBusComp is 100% analog device with +24dBu of headroom. Regardless its digital control nature, fully analog signal path provides top VCA compression sound.
Four THAT 2181 VCA in signal chain, and one in side chain detector for each channel!
STEREO / DUAL MONO compression!
ngBusComp detectors can be linked and unlinked anytime – what allows us true bus compression behavior, as dual mono compression when needed!
WATCH THE SOS REVIEW
WesAudio ngBusComp Stereo/Dual Mono Bus Compressor Features:
- 100% analog device with +24dBu of headroom
- Full digital control, automation, and recall via companion plug-in
- Relative stereo channel linking with separate L/R settings
- Mid-side operation allows for different side and mid settings
- Selectable output stages: normal (electronically balanced), IRON (Carnhill transformer balanced)
- 4 THAT 2181 VCAs in signal chain and one in sidechain detector for each channel
- IRON mode: uses makeup gain to drive the transformers, and a special output pad attenuate the signal
- IRON PAD: passive attenuator enabled in IRON mode lets you drive the output transformer for musical saturation
- Detailed metering for both channels: gain reduction, input, and output
- Sidechain filters: 3 highpass filters at 60, 90 and 150Hz and 2 Tilt filters with proprietary curve
- Per-channel external side chain filter access via TRS rear connector
- Proprietary THD with precise variable control
- Five ratio settings: 1.5:1 and 2:1 for gentle mix bus processing, 4:1 and 10:1 for general applications, and INF mode for aggressive compression
- Mix knob for parallel compression
- Flexible DAW/Live plug-in control for instant recall and DAW automation of parameters
- Advanced companion plug-in for all DAW formats (VST2/VST3/AU/AAX)
- 4 touch-sensitive encoders per channel for recording automation in DAW
- A/B/C compare feature
- Ethernet and USB connectivity
- Full HUI compatibility
- Type:VCA Bus Compressor
- Number of Channels:Stereo, Dual Mono
- Controls:Threshold, Attack, Release, THD, Make Up, Iron Pad, Mix
- Threshold:-20dB to +20dB
- Ratio:1.5:1, 2:1, 4:1, 10:1, INF Mode
- Inputs:2 x XLR
- Outputs:2 x XLR
- Sidechain I/O:2 x 1/4" TRS
- Side Chain Inserts:3 x Highpass Filters, 2 x Tilt Filters
- USB:1 x Type B
- Other I/O:1 x Ethernet
- Additional Features:Digital Recall, Plug-in Control (VST, AU, AAX)
- Rack Spaces:3U
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable