The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter 2.0, is a new version of Bettermaker’s digitally-controlled, fully analogue limiter for mastering.
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter features a brand-new limiter engine, clipper section, and an improved colour section with colour MS Matrix. sidechain and MS Matrix.
The Limiter section includes brick wall limiting, with auto and manual release, stereo or dual mono operation and a clipping section. This new iteration provides even faster release times and a flexible side-chain section with a high-pass filter and high-frequency emphasis.
The new colour section now controls the MID and SIDE colour amount and frequency independently. Like its predecessor, the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter 2.0 includes two colour options, with colour A offering Odd Harmonics while colour B offers a choice between odd and even harmonics.
The final section includes the metering, which provides a broad range of metering including VU(full screen or scaled), RMS, LUFS (Short Term, Integral, Loudness Range, view in time), K-Metering, 31 band FFT analyser, Goniometer, Correlation metre and more.
Let’s look closer at what is new:
• New improved Limiting Engine
• New intuitive GUI and DAW plugin
• Wide angle, high contrast screen
• Limiter gain reduction range
• Faster release time
• Input/Output link
• Redesigned colour section with colour MS matrix
• Limiter side-chain with high-pass filter and high frequency emphasis
• New, redesigned Clipper section
The sound of the Limiter 2.0 is of course based on the quality of its hardware design but all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog limiter:
– Save and recall presets
– Instant reset of all parameters
– Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
– Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
– DAW automation
– Comprehensive metering operations based on high quality A/D conversion and DSP
A Band new DAW plugin