WesAudio Beta76 FET Compressor/Limiter
Single Channel FET Compressor/Limiter, with Switchable Input Transformer, Side-chain Highpass Filter, and Stereo Link Capability. The introduction of several significant structural improvements against the original...
Single Channel FET Compressor/Limiter, with Switchable Input Transformer, Side-chain Highpass Filter, and Stereo Link Capability.
The introduction of several significant structural improvements against the original version. One of the most important changes is two mode switch – Modern / Vintage – deciding on the circuit of the desymmetrization of the input signal. Modern Mode – is an electronic circuit, exactly the same as the previous version of the compressor and the Vintage mode – it’s a Carnhill input transformer. The result is a universal device with two different sound possibilities.
A True Bypass switch was introduced, as well as a high-pass filter in the Compressor’s Side Chain path.There are three cutoff frequencies – 60, 90, 150 Hz – thanks to which Beta76 is less sensitive to low frequencies. The filter is particularly beneficial to the operation of two compressors in a stereo pair, which are easily connected with a prepared Jack-Jack cable.
The entire system operates in class A. The element responsible for the gain reduction is a FET transistor, giving the effect of rapid and pure compression. There is a high quality Carnhill audio transformer on the output favourably affecting the final sound of the compressor.
The housing is made from high quality brushed stainless steel, whereas the panel is 4mm brushed aluminium.
WesAudio Beta76 FET Compressor/Limiter Features:
- 1-channel FET-based compressor with switchable Modern/Vintage modes
- Modern mode uses an electronic input circuit for sonic transparency
- Vintage mode engages a premium Carnhill input transformer for enhanced sonic depth and color
- Side-chain highpass filter (60Hz/90Hz/150Hz) prevents excessive bass from triggering compression too much
- Four ratio selection buttons: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, and 20:1
- Attack time ranges from 20 to 800 microseconds
- Release time range from 50ms to 1,100ms
- Stereo link capable, requires a single 1/4" mono cable (not included)
- Number of Channels:1
- Controls:Attack, Release, Ratio switches, Modern/Vintage input modes
- Ratio:4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Inputs:1 x XLR
- Outputs:1 x XLR
- Sidechain I/O:1 x 1/4"
- Rack Spaces:2U
- Power Source:Standard IEC AC cable
Buy the WesAudio Beta76 FET Compressor/Limiter from Audiosaurus. The Online Pro Audio Specialists in South Africa.