TASCAM DR-40X 4-Track Handheld Recorder
Go-anywhere 4-track Recording Solution Professional live capture: line level input Dual Neutrik® XLR/TRS combo jacks support both mic-level and +4dBu line-level. These inputs can accept...
Type :Portable Recorders
Go-anywhere 4-track Recording SolutionProfessional live capture: line level input
Dual Neutrik® XLR/TRS combo jacks support both mic-level and +4dBu line-level. These inputs can accept balanced microphone or line level from Mixers or the FOH console. The microphone preamp includes +48V phantom power and plenty of gain for detailed recordings with condenser microphones, as well as electret type microphones. Using the stereo built-in microphones, you can capture ambient sound of the audience while recording direct from an external console, which is ideal for capturing live performances.
Professional Features for Pro Audio Recordings
The DR-40X is a versatile four-track audio recorder for music, podcasting, cinema and any other application requiring high-quality audio. DR-40X allows high-quality recording with its stereo built-in condenser microphones. Every detail is captured from small whispers to loud sounds up to 125dB SPL. Building on the highly successful Tascam DR-40, this recorder adds several new functions to the already comprehensive feature set. The built-in microphones are adjustable unidirectional microphones for recording in an X-Y pattern for tight stereo imaging, or in an A-B pattern for a more ambient recording.
Turn Your Room Into a Studio – In a Minute
Apart from handheld recording, the DR-40X can also be used as a USB audio interface with two inputs and outputs, making it a strong yet easy gear for voiceover work, live streaming, podcasting and songwriting with studio-quality audio.
- Audio Interface: 2 x 2 USB 2.0 Interface
- A/D Resolution: 24-bit/96kHz
- Simultaneous Rec Tracks: 4
- Simultaneous Play Tracks: 4
- Built-in Mic(s): Dual Unidirectional Mics, Stereo AB / Stereo XY
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/8" (headphones/line)
- Built-in Speaker: Yes
- Memory (removable): microSD (2GB max), microSDHC (32GB max), microSDXC (128GB max)
- File Format: WAV, MP3
- Effects: 6 x Reverbs
- USB: 1 x Type Micro-B
- Other I/O: 1 x 2.5mm TRS (remote)
- Power Supply: USB bus power / 3 x AA batteries
- Battery Life: 18 hours (Alkaline), 16 hours (NiMH)
- Stand Mountable: 1/4" Tripod screw-hole
- Height: 6.1" || 70 mm
- Width: 2.75" || 155mm
- Depth: 1.37" || 35mm
- Weight: 0.47 lbs. || 213g