RØDE K2 Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Microphone
Excellent value in a tube microphone The K2 Variable Pattern Dual 1.0" Condenser Valve Microphone from Rode delivers the sonic quality expected of a Class-A...
Type :Condenser microphone
Excellent value in a tube microphone
The K2 Variable Pattern Dual 1.0" Condenser Valve Microphone from Rode delivers the sonic quality expected of a Class-A tube microphone. At the heart of the microphone is a hand-selected 6922 twin-triode valve. The valve provides warmth and detail while reproducing a flat, uncoloured frequency response. The K2 boasts a dynamic range of 150 dB. This ensures detailed, accurate pick up of low signals and distortion free, transparent pick up of transients.
High-performance specifications (including a maximum SPL of 162dB) are combined with the character and subtleties of the legendary mics of the 1950s to provide a microphone that not only provides world-class vocals but is perfectly at home recording a wide range of instruments both up-close or in a wider ‘room’ capacity.
The RØDE K2 microphone is designed and made in Australia, and covered by RØDE Microphones' industry leading 10 year warranty.
- Power: Dedicated power supply (110 - 120 V/220 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz)
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure, Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Continuously variable multi pattern - Omni, through Cardioid to Figure 8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output impedance: 200 ohm
- Signal noise ratio: >81 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 10dBA
- Maximum SPL: 162 dB (@ 1 THD into 1k ohm)
- Maximum output voltage: +30 dBu (@ 1 THD into 1 k ohm)
- Sensitivity: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB
- Weight: 815g
Sound on Sound Magazine "...a very good balance of price and quality control"
Audio Technology "How does the K2 stack up against the C12/U47 yardsticks? ...RØDE can hold its head high in such lofty company."