Neumann M149 Tube Mic Set - Call to confirm Stock
The M 149 Switchable Tube Microphone from Neumann is a variable dual-diaphragm microphone. The K 49 capsule, well known from the legendary U 47 and...
The M 149 Switchable Tube Microphone from Neumann is a variable dual-diaphragm microphone. The K 49 capsule, well known from the legendary U 47 and M 49 microphones, is followed by a tube functioning as an impedance converter. In contrast to earlier concepts utilizing a transformer, the tube is complemented with a transformerless output circuit design. The M 149 Tube can thus feed long microphone cables without any coloration.
Two slide switches are located below the large, acoustically-open headgrille. The switch at the front allows selection one of nine directional patterns. The slide switch at the rear operates a seven-step high pass filter, allowing very fine adjustment of the cut-off frequency.
- Transformerless Tube Output Circuitry
- Transformer-less output circuit, triode tube and integrated amplifier provide a signal output stage featuring very low self noise and distortion. The final output stage is an integrated amplifier that provides a very high output signal and the frequency response curve is unaffected by high, transient signal levels resulting in warm, transparent signal reproduction.
- Exceptional Signal Reproduction
- Utilizing the legendary K49 capsule - well known from the legendary U47 and M49 microphones - as well as a modern tube and high quality amplifier output stage, the M149 Tube delivers exceptional signal character and response. A frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz and SPL rating of 136 dB < 5% THD result in pristine audio reproduction at various dynamic range.
- 9 Selectable Polar Patterns
- Omnidirectional, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid and figure 8 polar patterns are provided. Intermediate positions of each are located in between the pattern designations.
- Low Frequency Roll-Off Switch
- A 7-position low frequency roll-off switch is located at the rear of the microphone. It selects a high-pass filter, advancing in half-octave steps between 20 Hz and 160 Hz (-3 dB)
- Shock Mounted Capsule
- The capsule is mounted elastically inside the head to minimize structure borne noise.
- EA170 Shock-Mount
- The elastic EA170 microphone shock-mount is included and even further minimizes noise caused by handling.
|Operating Principle||Pressure Gradient|
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure 8, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, Wide-Angle Cardioid|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||66 dB CCIR
69 dB CCIR
71 dB CCIR
78 dB A-Weighted
81 dB A-Weighted
83 dB A-Weighted
|Equivalent Noise Level||28 dB CCIR
25 dB CCIR
23 dB CCIR
16 dB A-Weighted
13 dB A-Weighted
11 dB A-Weighted
|Maximum SPL||120 dB SPL 0.5%
136 dB SPL 5%
|Load Impedance||1 kOhms|
|Sensitivity||34 mV/PA @ 1 kHz into 1 kOhms
47 mV/PA @ 1 kHz into 1 kOhms
62 mV/PA @ 1 kHz into 1 kOhms
|Output Connectors||3-Pin XLR|
|Length||7.91" (201 mm)|
|Diameter||2.76" (70 mm)|
|Weight||25.75 oz (730 g)|