Korg Opsix Altered FM Synthesizer
A rediscovered old favourite The Korg Opsix is an altered digital Frequency Modulation (FM) synthesizer. It that includes a true 6-operator sound generator with a diversity of...
A rediscovered old favourite
The Korg Opsix is an altered digital Frequency Modulation (FM) synthesizer. It that includes a true 6-operator sound generator with a diversity of waveforms and operator modes that goes far beyond the standard FM range, an advantage of interest for sound designers, producers, and musicians. The Opsix simplifies the editing analogue synthesis to control the power of the FM engine.
The Korg Opsix comes with 250 expertly curated factory presets, letting you hit the ground running. Your sessions will be enjoyed by the Opsix’s 21 oscillator waveforms, three onboard envelopes, three LFOs, and 11 powerful filters, while Korg’s versatile V.Patch virtual patching system keeps routing simple.
The data editing knobs serve to empower you with comprehensive editing possibilities. If six operator mixers isn't enough to satisfy you then you'll be pleased to know that the Opsix boasts an additional seven knobs located on the right hand side of the stylish, black interface. Straight to the point, everything you need is in one handy place. The handy OLED display gives you a concise overview of your sound via the six digital parameters and rotary encoders.
- Keyboard: 37 keys
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 voices
- Sound generating system: Altered FM sound generator
- Structure: 6 operators, 1 filter, 3 EGs, 3 LFOs, 3 effects, step sequencer, arpeggiator
- Algorithm: 40 presets + user algorithm
- Operator: 5 modes (FM, Ring Mod., Filter, Filter FM, Wave Folder)
- Oscillator waveform: 21 waveforms
- Filter: 11 types
- EG: ADSR
- LFO: 23 waveforms
- V.Patch: 12 routings
- Effect: 30 types
- Number of programs: 500 (250 preset programs and 250 user programs as the factory-set de
- Favourites: 64 (16 Slots × 4 Banks)
- Controllers: MODULATION wheel, PITCH wheel, RATIO OP 1–6 knobs, LEVEL OP 1–6 sliders, DATA ENTRY A–F knobs
- Inputs/outputs: Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack), OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V)
- Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions: 565 × 338 × 90 mm (W ×D × H)
- Weight: 2.9 kg