Bettermaker Bus Compressor
Stereo Bus Compressor with 6 Push-button Encoders, Onboard Digital Recall, and Recall/Automation Via USB and Companion Plug-in. TEC Nominated Bettermaker® Bus Compressor is for those...
Type :Bus Compression
Stereo Bus Compressor with 6 Push-button Encoders, Onboard Digital Recall, and Recall/Automation Via USB and Companion Plug-in.
TEC Nominated Bettermaker® Bus Compressor is for those who seek high quality stereo VCA compression with the convenience of fast and precise recall and automation. The bus compressor offers 100% analog signal path, Dry/Wet mix, sidechain with HPF, with hardware insert and preview function, adjustable THD saturation and more.. All this with high analog quality and patented recall with a speed of a native plugin.
The sound of the Compressor is of course based on the quality of its analog audio path. But all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog compressors:
- Recall last unit state after reboot
- Instant reset of all parameters
- Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
- Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
- DAW automation and recall of all available parameters
The digital section of the Bus Compressor is based around high speed, 32-bit micro-controller, with dedicated firmware programmed into its memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). It's responsible for controlling the VCA, the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Bus Compressor functions.
The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. High quality switching power supply, designed by Bettermaker, was used to provide low hoise, hum free power to all analog and digital components.
The front panel of the Bus Compressor is build around eye-catching LED matrix display, that allows you to monitor almost all functions available on the device, as well as input/output levels and amount of gain reduction applied by the compressor.
- Advanced analog VCA compressor with PEAK/RMS detection and switchable forward/backward feed
- All parameters are digitally controlled via front panel and/or DAW (with dedicated plug-in)
- Sidechain preview function
- Bettermaker's famous BM mode
- Dry/Wet Mix control for parallel compression
- HPF in sidechain with option of hardware insert
- Adjustable THD function for harmonically rich sound
- 6 push-button encoders
- On-board measurement of Peak/RMS levels
- 100% analog audio signal path
- Total recall and A/B comparison
- USB connectivity for Mac/PC
- Type:Analog VCA
- Number of Channels:Stereo
- Controls:Threshold, Attack, Release, Gain, Set
- Threshold:-35dB to +5dB
- Ratio:1.5:1 to 10:1
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz (±0.2dB)
- Inputs:2 x XLR
- Outputs:2 x XLR
- Sidechain I/O:2 x 1/4" TRS (L/R)
- Side Chain Inserts:Highpass Filter
- USB:1 x Type B
- Additional Features:Digitally Controlled Parameters, Total Recall, A/B Comparison
- Rack Spaces:1U
- Power Source:12V DC Power Supply (included)