AKG C414 XLII Large diaphragm studio microphone
Discover the Power of a Reinvented Classic The AKG C414 multi-pattern condenser microphone needs no introduction. Because of its ability to handle many different sources,...
Discover the Power of a Reinvented Classic
The AKG C414 multi-pattern condenser microphone needs no introduction. Because of its ability to handle many different sources, it's been used in some of the world's leading broadcast facilities, recording studios, and performance stages. AKG has upped the game with the addition of their C414 XLII, improving the C414's already legendary adaptability. With its nine polar patterns, leading-edge technology, state-of-the-art components, and reference-quality results, the AKG C414 XLII condenser microphone ushers in a new standard in microphone versatility.
Sonic character of the legendary AKG C12
The C414 XLII has been improved by offering a slight presence boost and by providing the spatial reproduction capability of the legendary AKG C12 microphone. This characteristic response and spatial detailing makes lead vocals and solo instruments stand out, even in a dense mix. This signature upfront sound is also excellent for distant miking applications, making the C414 XLII ideal for classical music or drum ambience miking.
Nine polar patterns for multiple applications
This multi-pattern workhorse mic sounds amazing on just about anything. The C414 XLII offers nine pickup patterns, which enable you to choose the perfect setting for every application. In addition to the five patterns traditionally offered by the C414 (omnidirectional, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, and figure-8), you also get four intermediate settings that let you dial in the best in-between pattern to suit your application and environment.
Great control features give you great flexibility
If the nine polar patterns aren't enough to get the sound you need, the C414 XLII offers a bevy of other control options to fine-tune the microphone to your needs. The C414 XLII offers three different bass cut filters and three switchable pre-attenuation pads at -6dB, -12dB, and -18dB. The mic also carries a clipping LED right on the face, so you know if you're overloading it. And all the controls can easily be disabled for live sound applications.
AKG C414 XLII Multi-pattern Condenser Microphone Features:
- Multi-pattern condenser microphone for a variety of applications
- 9 switchable polar patterns
- Lock mode disables all controls for live and installation use
- Incredible dynamic range of 152dB
- 3 bass cut filters and pre-attenuation levels
- Peak hold LED detects overload peaks
- Includes carrying case, pop filter, windscreen, and spider-type shockmount
- Frequency range: 20hz-20kHz
- Pre-attenuation pad: 0dB, -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, switchable
- Bass cut filter slope: 12dB/octave at 40Hz and 80Hz; 6dB/octave at 160Hz
- Requires 48-volt phantom power
- Microphone Type:Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Omni, Wide Cardioid, Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size:1" (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:140dB (158dB w/18dB Pad)
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:88dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:6dB (A weighted)
- Low Cut Filter:40Hz, 80Hz (-12dB/octave), 160Hz (-6dB/octave)
- Pads:-6dB, -12dB, -18dB
- Color:Dark Grey/Gold
- Weight:66 lbs. (Per Mic)
- Included Accessories:Stand Mount, Shock Mount, Pop Screen, Windscreen, Carry Case
Buy the AKG C414 XLII Large diaphragm studio microphone from Audiosaurus. The online Pro Audio experts in South Africa.