Pure Analogue Mono-Synth
The Novation Bass Station II is based on the classic Bass Station. The enhanced Bass Station produces pure analogue mono-synth that is perfectly suited to pushing out warm, dirty and fat massive bass lines as well as producing clear leads and progressive arpeggios.
The Bass Station II has two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enormous bass, plus noise and ring modulation. It also gives you two distinct analogue filter types: the classic multi-mode filter and a new acid filter, for a vast variation in sonic possibilities.
Much More Than Bass
This synth can sound as mellow or aggressive as you want. Seek out sweet spots with the filter mod to make it sing. Crank the distortion and it will growl with pent-up anger. Push the resonance to self-oscillation to create shrieking leads. Bass Station II can sound however you feel.
Easy Controls for Complex Design
We put as many controls as possible onto Bass Station II, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, we also laid out all those controls in the clearest and most useful way, to keep sound design as straightforward and fun as possible.
Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are a fun and immediate way to find new inspiration. The sequencer lets you record your own notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real-time, then store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like. Easily and automatically sync them to your music software or hardware setup, or even add swing to get your groove going.
- Type: Keyboard Synthesizer
- Analog/Digital: Analogue
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Synth Action
- Aftertouch: Yes
- Velocity Sensitive: Yes
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic, Paraphonic Mode
- Number of Presets: 64 x Factory, 64 x User
- Oscillators: 2 x DCO, 1 x Sub-oscillator
- Waveforms: Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Square Pulse Width
- LFO: 2 x LFO (triangle, sawtooth, square, s&h), Key Sync
- Filter: 4-pole Lowpass Diode Ladder Filter, 2/4-pole Lowpass/Bandpass/Highpass Filter
- Envelope Generator: 2 x EG (attack, decay, sustain, release)
- Number of Effects: 2
- Effects Types: Distortion, Oscillator FM
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Sequencer: 32-step
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (line/instrument)
- Audio Outputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (mono out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- USB: 1 x Type B v1.1 (2.0 compatible)
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS (sustain)
- Features: Aphex Twin AFX Mode
- Software: Novation Components (backup, transfer)
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.9 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 8 or later
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (included) / USB bus powered
- Height: 3" / 76mm
- Width: 18" |/ 457mm
- Depth: 10.75" / 273mm