Great River MP-2NV preamp
Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
2-channel Mic/Instrument Preamp with 60dB Gain and Transformer-balanced Output
The MP-2NV is a Great River Electronics preamplifier that takes the classic circuitry and vintage sound of the 1073 module to a new level of modern sonic fidelity. Accuracy, transparency, and vintage “tuning” amplify this design goal. The circuitry allows for brilliant transformer saturation or the soft distortions of a single-ended amplifier. Extreme pushing of the unit will augment the sound of electric guitars, sound modules, and drums to add vitality, presence, and real punch.
The Great River MP-2NV features iron in the signal path for that big vintage sound. Its no-latency output monitoring provides a buffered sound feed to your DAW workstation. The MP-2NV’s hi-Z input is ideal to shape the sound for bass, electric guitar, and sound modules. Dual metering provides visual monitoring of gain staging. The ultra-quiet noise floor delivers “stealth” performance for rich, textured vocal sounds. Finally, you’ll hear an enhanced stereo image when using both channels of the MP-2NV.
XLR balanced in and out connections. 1/4″ -10dbV output for ‘no-latency’ DAW monitoring. hi-Z input on front panel. Adjustable gain in 5db steps to 60db. Output gain from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db. Input and output monitor meters on each channel. 2 or 3 stages of single ended solid-state amplifier gain blocks. Gold plated switching contacts. Front panel polarity, phantom power, input impedance, and output loading switches. High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers. Output transistor and transformer with heavy 70ma Class A bias. Local regulating of each channel. Long service life components.
- Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- 'No-latency' output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
- Excellent stereo imaging (nearly identical phase response channel-to-channel)
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; ¼" -10dbV output for 'no-latency' DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS ¼” insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Single rack space with internal power supply
But If you want to confirm availability first or inquire for possible discounts send us a quick mail or open the chat tab.