Create your perfect vocal and instrument recording chain!
1: WA-47jr is an FET transformerless Mic
The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic ‘47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilizes the same k47 style capsule found in our flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic ‘47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we’ve ever heard in this price range.
We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this ‘47 style FET condenser microphone and classic tone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47jr.
Quality components make a better mic.
The WA-47jr proudly utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage part. Our version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is carefully manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeat-ability. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path then paired with an excellent true '47 style capsule allows this mic to obtain a very similar tone to the classic ‘47 microphone at a much lower price tag.
FET transformerless '47 style condenser microphone.
• Custom true '47capsule reproduction (k47 style) - Model# WA-47-B-80v.
• Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
• Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FET’s, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
• High-pass filter: 70Hz
• Pad: -10db
• Self-noise: 9dBA
• Dynamic range: 138dBA
• Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
• Output Impedance: 100 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: ≥1kOhms
• Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
• S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
• 48v phantom powered
• 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
- Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
2: WA12 MK II Mic & Hi-Z preamp
A lot of preamps on the market do a good job of raising the volume of mics and instruments. Unfortunately, many pres are doing only that, raising volume. The “Super clean” designs of today often leave the signal exiting the preamp sounding much the same as it did entering it.
If you are looking for a preamp to improve and shape your signal you will most definitely love the WA12 MKII. The WA12 MKII is designed to transform plain instruments and vocals into exciting tone. If your mixes lack depth, struggle to sound alive, or are just missing that professional touch you’ve always wanted, there is a good chance you will love the WA12 MKII.
The WA12 MKII is a completely discrete, high voltage, dual-transformer microphone preamplifier design with high gain (+71dB), high headroom, low noise, and an exciting sonic performance – great for all types of recording applications. A high quality mic preamp is one of the most critical pieces needed to achieve the elusive ‘larger than life’ sound, and the WA12 MKII is more than capable of delivering.
The WA12 MKII is based around a discrete op-amp, the X731, which is our own reproduction of the vintage classic Melcor 1731, considered by some to be the warmer predecessor to the modern 2520-style op-amp. The X731 can achieve vibrant, clean and lifelike tones; but can also be driven into mild saturation at much higher gain levels. The effects can be subtle, but very pleasing to the ear. The WA12 MKII can also accept any discrete op-amp on the market which conforms to the +/-16v, 2520 pinout standard.
Premium Components in every Warm Audio product.
When developing the WA12 MKII our ears played a big part in the design process. Using CineMag USA transformers and an all discrete signal path ensured that the WA12 MKII would have the building blocks to compete with the best sounding preamps on the market. We are very proud to offer such a robust/professional design in a small and affordable package.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output USA CineMag transformers.
- 71db of Gain, fully discrete signal path.
- Utilizes a discrete 6-pin socketed 1731 style opamp. Can be replaced with other 6-pin "2520 foot-print" opamps for varying tone/flavor.
- TONE button – Switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms. Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs.
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and discrete opamp. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack.
- Mic level balanced input: XLR.
- Balanced outputs: XLR and 1/4″/TRS.
- 48 volt Phantom Power.
- Output attenuation control (after the CineMag output transformer) allows for driving the preamp and transformers into saturation.
- LED Meter gain indication.
- 20db pad.
- External 24v AC power plug.
3: WA76 Discrete Compressor
The WA76 Discrete Compressor is a modern reproduction of the Classic '76 Revision D. The WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering's (now CineMag) transformer design. The classic '76 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception. Engineers have craved the ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound of the '76 for decades, and now it is finally affordable!
- True to the Classic '76 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modeled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous "all buttons in" ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance - 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 50db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U
- 1-year warranty
Buy the Warm Audio WA-47 jr Combo Deal from Audiosaurus today. The Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.