SPL Transpressor Dynamic Processor
The Transpressor combines the two most important dynamic processing techniques: compression and level-independent treatment of transients. By blending these techniques in a single path, Sound Performance Lab aims to void the previous limitations of dynamic processing.
A transient can be defined as the first impulse of a waveform. What the Transient Designer does is shape the waveform according to the transient, and it only needs two controls to achieve that, either by amplifying or attenuating the attack and/or sustain. Among its most common uses are the sound shaping of percussion instruments, the attenuation or intensification of stringed instruments or vocal consonant transients, etc.
Twin Core Compressor
The compressor is based on our tried and true Twin Core Circuit with incredibly low distortion ratings. It includes all standard parameters like Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, and Make-Up gain. Moreover, the attack and release parameters can be adjusted automatically according to the input signal - sort of like a cruise control.
There is also a bandpass filter for the mids and two low pass filters for the lows that allow for a much more focused compression of specific frequency ranges or instruments. A side chain input allows for external control of the compressor while a Dry/Wet control determines the balance between the original and the processed signal.
- Electronically balanced instrumentation amplifiers
- Inputs: XLR and TRS
- Side Chain: TS
- Outputs: XLR and TRS
- Stereo Link/Slave: RJ 45, for 568 A cable
- Input impedance: 10 kOhm bal., 5 kOhm unbal., Side Chain ca. 80 kOhm
- Output impedance 150 Ohm bal., 75 Ohm unbal.
- Nominal input level: +4 dBu/-10 dBV
- Max. input level 20,5 dBu @ +4 dBu, 13,2 dBu @ -10 dBV
- Max. output level: 21 dBu
- Frequency range (-3 dB): 10 Hz – › 200 kHz
- Common mode rejection: › 60 dB
(@1 kHz, 0 dBu input level and unity gain)
- Total harmonic distortion: Transient Designer 0,004, Compressor 0,005
(in %, @ 1 kHz, 0 dBu input level and unity gain)
- Signal to noise ratio (A-weighted)
Transient Designer: -96,4 dB, Compressor: -96,5 dB, overall: 94,6 dB
- Dynamic range (unweighted)
Transient Designer: 114,5 dB, Compressor: 114,5 dB, overall: 112,5 dB
- Low pass 1: 100 Hz, 18 dB/Octave
- Low pass 2: 540 Hz,18 dB/Okcave
- Band pass: 800 Hz-3,1 kHz, 12 dB/Octave
- Toroidal transformer
- Fuses: 230 V AC, 50 Hz: 315 mA, 120 V AC, 60 Hz: 630 mA
- Voltage selector: 115V/230V
- Power consumption: 19 VA
Dimensions and Weight
- Housing (B x H x T): 482 x 88 x 239 mm
- Depth including controls and sockets: 263 mm
- Weight: 3,8 kg
Note: 0 dBu = 0,775 V. Specifications subject to change without notice.