„The Transient Designer has changed my working life.“
(Red Hot Chili Peppers/Stadium Arcadium, 4 Grammys)
The Transient Designer is a whole new dynamic tool. It allows you to re-shape the transient response and the envelope curve of any audio signal with just knobs: Attack & Sustain.
With no effort you can accelerate or slow down attack and prolong or shorten sustain portions of all kinds of percussive signals, such as bass drum, snares, toms, congas, etc. Let them jump into your face or flatten them with a turn of a single knob. Booming toms for example are dried up in seconds — it’s almost like being able to change the amount of drum damping after the recording. Your idea of a kick drum sound is a kick drum in the words best sense... Just dial it in.
- The attack of a bass drum or a loop can be emphasized with a single control to increase the punch and the penetration in the mix
- Sustain of a snare or room-sound can be shortened very musically to clean up the mix for more transparency
- Acoustic or electronic instruments become "in the face" sounds or can be smoothened with lower attacks
- De-verb capability! Less Sustain shortens reverb flags of any sound (more elegant than gates do)
- New panorama effects based on different dynamic effects per channel – try this with loops for example
- Amplify or reduce the picking sound of an acoustic guitar
- Hold the sound of the strings longer
- Actuate the piano pedal “electronically”
- Turn down the slap bass a notch or give it even more attack
Some say it is a must-have
Buy the SPL Transient Designer 4 from Audiosaurus today - the online pro audio experts in South Africa.