sleek shotgun mic with ergonomic design and high energy neodymium magnet
The SM89 can also be used for theater sound reinforcement, spot news coverage, or wildlife recording. The SM89 discriminates at a distance in favor of desired dialogue or effects and against ambient noise -- even in noisy surroundings. The on-axis frequency response of the SM89 is very smooth and extended.
For clarity and speech intelligibility, a slight presence rise optimizes the high-frequency response to compensate for high-frequency losses. A low-frequency roll-off minimizes pickup of wind, mechanical vibration, ambient noise, and rumble without affecting voice frequencies.
The off-axis response of the SM89 is virtually free of comb-filter effects. This is important when it is not possible to aim the microphone precisely or when it is desirable to pick up dialogue or sound from moving sources.
Designed especially for location film and TV production, theater sound reinforcement, and spot news coverage
- Frequency Range: 80 Hz to 20 kHz
- Highly directional polar pattern optimized for distant pickup
- Smooth, wide on-axis response
- Greatly suppressed side pickup with minimum comb-filter effects
- Two low-cut frequencies, switch selectable
- Low impedance, high sensitivity
- Extremely low hum, noise, and RF pickup
- Uses readily available 11 to 52 Vdc phantom supply
- Rugged and reliable, operates over wide range of temperature and humidity
- Extremely lightweight, can be suspended on fishpole for long periods of time without operator fatigue
- Aircraft-grade materials used throughout
- Supplied with foam windscreen and strong luggage-grade carrying case