RME Babyface Pro FS 24-channel USB Audio Interface (By special order only)
The Stunning New Babyface Pro from RME with Femtosecond Clocking. The RME Babyface Pro FS is a powerful, yet eminently portable, bus-powered USB audio interface....
Type :Audio Interface
The RME Babyface Pro FS is a powerful, yet eminently portable, bus-powered USB audio interface. It features a rugged, low-profile housing with a clean look and easy-to-use interface. Benefit from reference-quality recording, thanks to two digitally controlled microphone preamps, while ample analog, digital, and MIDI connectivity makes integration with your studio easy. The Babyface Pro FS employs the same SteadyClock FS circuit as RME’s reference-quality ADI-2 Pro AD/DA converter, ensuring ultra-stable clocking, while a bevy of design improvements offers a huge performance boost over its predecessor. Enjoy a fully flexible 288-channel mixer with 46-bit internal resolution, courtesy of RME’s TotalMix FX engine, along with latency-free processing, including a 3-band EQ, low-cut filter, reverb, and echo. Clear-cut onboard metering rounds out this state-of-the-art audio interface’s impressive features. The RME Babyface Pro FS is USB-C compatible and comes with a premium plug-in bundle, plus USB-2 and USB-C cables.
TotalMix FX: The next generation of TotalMix delivers hardware mixing/routing with lots of new features and a highly improved usability. For a seamless integration of the new features TotalMix has been rewritten from the ground up. The DSP mixer now not only matches features of high-end digital consoles but even adds effects like a 3-band parametric EQ plus Low Cut on all input and output channels. The Babyface also provides a separate FX send bus for all inputs and software playback channels, feeding two effect engines: Reverb and Echo. Every output channel includes a FX return control for the FX output signal.Ultra-stable SteadyClock FS technology
Boasting the same SteadyClock FS circuit as RME’s reference-quality ADI-2 Pro AD/DA converter, the Babyface Pro FS takes self-jitter to new lows, eclipsing its predecessor’s already impressive performance with an upgraded analog PLL circuit and referencing both Direct Digital Synthesis and PLL to a low-phase-noise quartz crystal. In fact, the Babyface Pro FS's self-jitter reaches levels that are usually only available in master quartz clock mode, even while running in PLL mode. Thanks to this updated circuit, the Babyface Pro FS reaches jitter specs as low as a femtosecond. Just to put it in perspective, that's 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 of a second!
- Type: USB Interface
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 4 x 4 (analog), 12 x 12 (digital)
- Number of Preamps: 2 x mic, 2 x instrument
- Phantom Power: Yes
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Effects: Reverb, Delay (via TotalMix FX software)
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR (mic), 2 x 1/4" (Hi-Z/line)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x XLR (+4dBu/+19dBu)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Headphones:1 x 1/4", 1 x 1/8"
- MIDI I/O: In/Out (via breakout cable)
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Software: RME TotalMix FX, Total Mix Remote (iOS, Mac, PC), Brainworx Plug-ins, Scuffham S-Gear Amp Collection
- Compatibility: iOS, Mac, PC
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.9 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 7 SP1 or later
- Bus Powered: Yes
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply / USB bus powered
Order the RME Babyface Pro FS 24-channel USB Audio Interface from Audiosaurus. The Online Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.