PMC Result6 Active near field studio monitors - Pair
The result6 provides an introduction to PMC and the huge benefits of ATL™ technology, the proprietary bass-loading system at the heart of all our designs....
Type :Studio Monitors
The result6 provides an introduction to PMC and the huge benefits of ATL™ technology, the proprietary bass-loading system at the heart of all our designs. This active two-way reference monitor offers all the attributes for which PMC is world-renowned: high resolution and detail, accurate, extended bass, consistent tonal balance at all levels, and wide dispersion and sweet spot. With an emphasis on elegant simplicity, this is a compact nearfield that allows you to work faster and more confidently.
There are no overly complex DSP-based user options or room profiles; instead, the result6 achieves its characteristically neutral, dependable PMC reference sound solely on the strength of its engineering. Honed to the fundamentals of our design philosophy, it’s devoted to getting you the best sounding results in the shortest possible time.
The distinctive, finned HF driver surround on the result6 are known as D-Fins and they deliver major sonic benefits by widening the stereo sweet spot . The result is an excellent off axis response over a wider area. The D-Fins also eradicate the cabinet edge effects, ensuring high-frequency sound remains razor-sharp and unsmeared.
You can change your listening position as you work without adversely affecting what you hear, and that the frequency response remains flat and natural-sounding.
With twin low-distortion, (HF 65W, LF 100W) amps, ATL™ bass loading and a plethora major innovations the result6 lets you achieve exactly what you need, quicker.
Tech Specs :
- Crossover Frequency: 2kHz
- Dimensions: H380 x W199 x D360 (mm)
- Drive Units: HF 27mm Soft Dome / LF 170mm (6.5 inch), doped natural fibre
- Effective ATL™ Length: 1.5m (4.9ft)
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 22kHz
- Impedance: >8kΩInput
- Connectors: Balanced analogue XLR, wired Pin-1 screen
- Weight: 8kg (17.6lbs)
- Amplifier Power per Channel: HF 65Wrms / LF 100Wrms
More info on PMCs ATL system:
The world’s leading professionals rely on the accuracy of PMC’s designs every day to create much of the music and sound you hear. You can rest assured that what you hear from a PMC speaker is identical to the version approved by the artist themselves containing all the passion, feeling and musicality they intended you to experience.
What they offer above a standard speaker?
- They are extremely detailed and sound natural - As if the musicians are with you in the room
- The sound they produce covers a massive area, so wherever you sit you still hear everything
Full, rich sound at any volume
- You can listen at low level and still hear bass - Ideal for low level or late night listening
- All the components are tried and tested in the professional world
Ease of drive
- They are efficient and therefore can be driven by the vast majority of good quality amplifiers
Ideal for surround
- They all have an identical tonal balance and can be mixed and matched to create the ultimate surround sound system
Easy to position
- They sound superb in a vast array of rooms, large and small
- They are made in England by hand, by nice people who care, and love audio
- You have joined the long list of world famous music makers and recording studios using PMC’s technology -
see our long list of key clients key clients
PMC’s unique (Advanced Transmission Line) enclosures have taken loudspeaker design to the highest level, using sophisticated cabinet construction, proprietary drive units, and patented absorption materials and techniques. The benefits are enormous compared to the relatively simple sealed and ported designs currently available elsewhere.
PMC’s innovative approach places the bass driver near one end of a long tunnel (the Advanced Transmission Line). This tunnel is heavily damped with acoustic material specified carefully to absorb the upper bass and higher frequencies radiating from the rear of the bass driver. The lowest frequencies are allowed to pass down the line and emerge from the large vent in the same polarity as the driver’s frontal radiation, the vent acting essentially as a second bass driver.
An important benefit of the approach is that the air pressure inside the cabinet, loading the bass driver, is maintained. This helps to control the driver over a wide frequency range and significantly reduces LF distortion. Consequently, the upper bass and midrange detail is not masked by harmonic distortion and the result is PMC’s characteristically transparent midrange, fast, attacking bass and outstanding clarity.
A further advantage is greater bass extension and loudness than a ported or sealed design of a similar size, even if similar drivers were used. Moreover, the very consistent bass driver loading brings the welcome benefit that the frequency response remains consistent regardless of listening level, and analytical auditioning can be conducted without the need for high replay volumes to achieve optimal bass response – a unique and very valuable characteristic.
‘No other bass loading technology provides such resolution and tonal accuracy at all volume levels’
Buy the PMC Result6 professional monitors from Audiosaurus. The Online Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.