Novation Peak Polyphonic Desktop Synthesizer
Artful Polyphonic Analogue Synthesis The Novation Peak is an eight-voice polyphonic desktop synthesizer featuring three New Oxford oscillators for each voice. Peak features besides the...
Artful Polyphonic Analogue Synthesis
The Novation Peak is an eight-voice polyphonic desktop synthesizer featuring three New Oxford oscillators for each voice. Peak features besides the analogically sounding NCOs (Numerically Controlled Oscillators) over 17 additional digital wavetables that can both be used as a linear FM source. Peak can easily be integrated into any home studio thanks to CV, MIDI and USB connectivity.
This polyphonic synthesizer has an analogue resonance multimode filter and three distortion points (before the filter, behind and globally) in the analogue signal chain per voice. The polyphonic aftertouch is complemented by high-quality reverb, delay and chorus effects. An integrated arpeggiator opens up further musical possibilities.
Analogue matters + digital where it counts
Peak’s designer Chris Huggett, is behind the successes of Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more legendary synths. Peak has its origin in the Bass Station II analogue mono synth, and Peak’s oscillators sound completely analogue by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 60 digital wavetables.
Build and refine new sounds from scratch
Expand your experience of electronic music, create new sounds and discover new influences with artistic risks taken from behind the Peak Desktop Synth. The modulation system puts the most frequently used assignments right at your fingertips in the main controls. More elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away.
Peak Firmware Update v2.0
In Novation’s biggest update for Peak, firmware update v2.0 brings a multitude of features across stereo controls, modulation and unpredictability, and effects, that give you powerful tools to shape your sound.
Create more intricately textured soundscapes with updated stereo controls. Experiment with expansive sound design with modulation and unpredictability. A range of effects improvements bring new tonalities with the addition of Chorus Modes, Flanger, Phlanger, new effects modulation destinations and Lo-Fi delay.
- Type: Desktop Synthesizer
- Analogue/Digital: Digital
- Polyphony: 8 Notes, 5 x Voice Modes
- Presets: 512 patches stored
- Oscillators: 3 x New Oxford Numerically Controlled Oscillators, 17 Digital Wavetables
- Waveforms: Sawtooth, Triangle, Sine, Square/Pulse
- Noise Generator: Yes
- Envelope Generator: 1 x Amp Envelope, 2 x Mod Envelope, Animate
- LFO: 2 x LFO
- Filter: 1 x Variable OTA Filter ; Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass ; 12/24dB Slope
- Effects Types: Lo-Fi Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Analogue Distortion
- Arpeggiator: 33 Patterns, Arpeggiator Chance
- Analogue Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (main out)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Other I/O: CV modulation in
- Pedal Inputs: 2 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- Features: Stereo Spread Modes
- Software: Ableton Live Lite 9 (included)
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 2.78"
- Width: 18.27"
- Depth: 9.17"