Metric Halo ULN-2 3D USB-C version - Call to confirm stock
Real mic pres for real recordists. The Dream is Real & now with USB! The 3d Card Upgrade is a user-installable hardware and software combination...
Vendor :Metric Halo
Type :Audio Interfaces
Real mic pres for real recordists.
The Dream is Real & now with USB!
The 3d Card Upgrade is a user-installable hardware and software combination that completely refreshes your Metric Halo devices for the next leg of the digital revolution. It replaces all the digital & computer interfacing on your hardware with up-to-date, cutting-edge implementations.
The 3d Card Upgrade includes:
- MH Link — Exceptionally low-latency, Ultra-high-bandwidth audio, clock and data connections over Gigabit Ethernet.
- MH EdgeBus — An Ultra-high-bandwidth programmable and pluggable audio expansion slot. MH EdgeBus allows you to effortlessly extend your system to be exactly the interface you need at any given moment.
- MH Console – A modern, 64-bit application to control your entire system with a simple, lightning fast and flexible routing model and a stunning new visual design.
- MH Mixer – 128 input x 64 bus multi-box unified zero-latency mixer.
- MH MonitorControl – Integrated surround capable monitor controller with system processing capability. Includes Analog Domain level control on ULN-8/LIO-8 hardware.
- MH Record – 128 input ultra-reliable multitrack recorder with deep hardware integration.
- MH DSP Engine — Enhanced processing power and massive memory in the hardware. All 3d hardware includes the +DSP license providing over a hundred plug-ins and the unique Metric Halo Graph environment.
- MH Link Audio — Direct Ethernet CoreAudio driver (with support for up to 128 channels of I/O @ 192k).
- USB Audio — USB-C Class Audio Interface.
This release is Early Access. What does that mean?
- Early Access means Final Production Hardware with Public Beta Software.
- Purchasing during the Early Access period provides a discount over the final price.
- Early access MH Console software is for macOS only.
- Early access firmware supports built in UAC2 drivers on Win10, Linux and iOS (but no MH Console support on those platforms yet).
MH Link redefines audio interconnect technology. It supports up to 128 channels at 32-bit/192k, bidirectionally, on each port. MH Link intelligently manages low-jitter audio clock distribution, high-bandwidth audio streaming and system control data all on a single lightweight, inexpensive, industry-standard Cat5/5e Ethernet cable. MH Link helps you to maximize your audio performance while minimizing complexity.
MH Link key features:
- No Latency offset — The MH Link transport effectively unifies all connected devices into one unit. There is no latency offset between the individual devices. With MH Link, the maximum transport latency between units is 16 microseconds, regardless of whether two units are directly connected or there are 16 additional units in between.
- Up to 100 meter MH Link Cables — Say goodbye to your expensive, heavy, noisy analog snakes. Place your Metric Halo setup where it is best positioned and remove hundreds of meters of analog audio cable. Easily connect your Metric Halo unit with commodity Cat5/5e cable with up to 100 meters of cable length per MH Link connection.
- Split systems — With up to 100 meters of cable between units, put your primary system on stage (or your live room) and your monitor box at FOH (or your control room). MH Link adds no latency and provides a common clock; you can even use existing installed wiring plants for tie-lines.
- Integrated daisy-chain support — No need for the added expense and complexity of Ethernet switches.
- MH Link uses true locking connectors to provide security from cables getting snagged and disconnected at inopportune times.
- Galvanically isolated — Because MH Link is based on Ethernet and is transformer coupled at each port all your connections are galvanically isolated. This makes operation extremely safe while also protecting your recording system against electrical interference and the introduction of data-path ground loops.
- Integrated, Automatic Clocking — No need for word-clock or any other digital interface to transparently lock multiple MH Linked unit’s clocks.
- Standards-compliance provides support for both direct connection and switched connection to computers via MH Link Audio — our Ethernet CoreAudio driver.
The ULN-2 Expanded is the result of a dream to create a piece of audio gear that provides unbelievable audio quality while at the same time offering a degree of mobility and convenience that until very recently was simply not possible. The successful integration of world-class analog stages, excellent A/D/A conversion, and the amazing digital mixing, routing and connectivity that has already made the Mobile I/O line famous, places the ULN-2 in a unique position among computer audio interfaces.
The ULN-2 Expanded is a portable, high-quality, modular based multi-format audio converter, interface, and processor for professional audio applications. The ULN-2 is equipped with two balanced analog inputs on Neutrik combo connectors, two channels of Digital I/O (AES/EBU and S/PDIF), eight channels of ADAT optical I/O with switchable TOSLINK support, two balanced analog outputs (1/4" TRS), two balanced monitor outputs for connecting directly to power amps and self powered monitors, as well as wordclock in/out.
The Best Mic Pres Available
ULN stands for Ultra Low Noise and the Mic Pres in ULN-2 live up to the name. Providing massive gain (up to 72 dB) with an EIN of -130.5 dBu, fantastic detail and an ultra-fast slew rate, the ULN Mic pres are up to the most demanding recording situations you can throw at them.
And of course it has the same FireWire connectivity, amazing A/D/A converters and powerful onboard DSP as its older sibling - the Mobile I/O 2882.
Balanced Analog Sends and Returns
The ULN-2 also features balanced analog inserts for each input. This lets you use ULN-2 as a standalone analog Mic pre/direct box; use the sends as an active splitter to drive a backup recorder, or even patch in analog dynamics processing between the Mic Pre and the integrated 24bit/96kHz A/D converters.
Flexible Powering Options
The 4-pin XLR power port on the ULN-2 allows you to power the unit with a variety of readily available broadcast battery systems. The 4-pin power port is compatible with power sources having the following characteristics: 9-30V DC, Pin 4 Hot, 15 Watts.
At Home in Any Situation
ULN-2 is the perfect tool for capturing audio wherever inspiration hits, in the studio or on the road. Well suited to any recording situation, the ULN mic preamps provide allow you to work how you want, and not have your work style dictated by your tools.
Equally suited to all sources, from condenser mics to the lowest-output ribbon mics, you can choose your mic and your placement with no concern about the performance of the preamp.
Coupled with Metric Halo's exclusive Character processing, the ULN preamps are literally the most flexible and best sounding pres available today. You can transition from a wire-with-gain to a gooey tube pre with one click of the mouse, and every input can have the right character for the material you are recording.
Fully balanced analog inserts on TRS connectors allow outboard analog dynamics processing to be introduced between the mic pres and the A/D converters. Wordclock I/O and 4-pin XLR power port (for use with typical broadcast camera batteries) complete the rear panel connections of this highly portable device.
The ULN-2 Expanded is the only unit in its class with an on-board processing engine that supports fully instantiable processing, allowing you to use Metric Halo's world-renowned signal processing effects without sacrificing your computer's processing power or introducing any additional latency in your monitor path. From MIOStrip to HaloVerb, the ULN-2 Expanded comes with all the basic production processing you need. And remember, this one rack space audio interface has the ability to run entirely from the FireWire bus of a laptop computer or from any DC power source (9V-30V), making it truly and completely mobile.
A unique feature of the Mobile I/O system is that MIO's work well individually or as a group. Mix and match 2882 and ULN-2 units to create a system that meets your needs for track count and preamp power. Adding a unit to the system organically increases the DSP power of the system, so that your DSP always scales with your I/O. Break your system up for small gigs when playing out or add the units of your mates to build a huge system when required. By standardizing on Mobile I/O, each member of the band can have ultimate quality while working alone, and the band can have huge track counts when playing together. You can't lose!
Flexible signal routing and sophisticated patch and preset management systems are also featured in the ULN-2 Expanded, including a front panel, ten-preset register for standalone operation. ULN-2's front-panel recall system allows the unit to function equally as well as a stand-alone Mic Pre/Converter system. In standalone mode, the ULN-2 operates with the converters directly routed to and from the AES/SPDIF I/O, ADAT or TOSLINK.
As a standalone converter, the ULN-2 provides a 24bit/96kHz stereo front-end with ultra-low noise mic pres for any recording system. It also functions seamlessly as a digital monitor controller, making it ideal as digital headphone amp and studio monitor controller.
The ULN-2 Expanded supports a variety of applications. For studio recording, it provides a very high quality interface to a DAW, offering sound processing or simple file transfer between workstations. Its exceptional sound quality is the perfect complement to the studio's existing analog to digital conversion chain. Songwriters and engineers can use the ULN-2 Expanded to record and edit on the road, in the hotel, while traveling, or anywhere that inspiration strikes.
The ULN-2 Expanded is suitable for broadcast applications, too. It offers instant playback of two individual stereo sends for music cues or sound effects. The compact package and portable power features mean that the unit can go anywhere users need to work, and make on-site fixes or edit location recordings without the need to send files back to the studio, saving valuable time before air.
In the live performance arena, in addition to operating as a remote recorder for archiving performances or to play out backing tracks and musical cues, the ULN-2 Expanded can operate as a soft-synth mixer and I/O interface. The ULN-2 Expanded is also a great addition to a live sound engineer's setup, providing a simple and efficient tool for analysis and system venue tuning with Spectrafoo.
Buy the Metric Halo ULN2 from Audiosaurus. The Online Pro Audio experts in South Africa.