The M-Audio BX5 D3 is a 2-way, 100W powered studio monitor designed to offer a wide frequency response and easy configuration for mixers, DJs, producers, and recordists in small control rooms, personal studios, and mobile rigs. The monitor produces a frequency response of 52 Hz to 35 kHz, thanks to two Class A/B amplifiers feeding a 5” Kevlar woofer and 1” silk dome tweeter.
Designed to deliver crucial detail, nuance, and dynamic accuracy
The BX5 D3 was meticulously engineered to provide accurate sound reproduction. A high-current, high-headroom Class A/B amplifier drives a 5" military-grade Kevlar woofer and 1" silk dome tweeter. The speaker features a bi-amplified design, so it exhibits a sound that's both powerful and precise. A rear-mounted port was built to a specific length and diameter to produce deep, defined bass. A custom waveguide eliminates unwanted high-frequency scatter, ensuring that the BX5 D3's imaging is spot on. And don't worry about positioning — a front-panel LED shines brightly when the BX5 D3 is at the ideal monitor angle.
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Bi-amped
- LF Driver Size: 5" woofer
- LF Driver Type: Kevlar with rubber surround
- HF Driver Size: 1" tweeter
- HF Driver Type: Silk dome
- LF Driver Power Amp: 60W
- HF Driver Power Amp: 40W
- Total Power: 100W Class AB
- Frequency Response: 52Hz-35kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.5kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 110 dB SPL
- Input Types: 1 x 1/4" TRS, 1 x XLR
- Features: Acoustic space bass response switch
- Enclosure Type: Rear Ported
- Enclosure Material: Vinyl laminated MDF
Purchase the M-Audio BX5 D3 from Audiosaurus. THe online Pro Audio Specialist in South Africa.