Premium condenser mic with a cardioid pattern for acoustic instruments, detailed and extremely precise sound in the studio and live performance Best suited to: Hihat,...
What is the KSM137 best suited to?
Recommended applications include the close-miking of acoustic and electric instruments, drum overheads, brass/woodwind, ensembles, and even bass instruments such as double bass and kick drum. The KSM137 is equally at home in the studio or in live applications.
What characteristics can I expect when using a KSM137?
The KSM137 microphone can withstand extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL). It has a high output level, low self noise and reproduces low frequency sounds exceptionally well.
- A highly consistent cardioid polar pattern
- Ultra-thin, 2.5 micron, 24 karat gold-layered, low mass Mylar? diaphragm for superior transient response
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response, no crossover distortion, and minimal harmonic distortion
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors
- Subsonic filter eliminates low frequency rumble (less than 17 Hz) caused by mechanical vibration
- Three-position switchable pad (0 dB, 15 dB, and 25 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPLs)
- Three-position switchable low-frequency filter reduces background noise and counteractsproximity effect