Korg Wavestate Wave Sequencing Synthesizer
Favourite classic 90s synths sounds The Korg Wavestate Digital 2.0 Wave Sequencing Synthesizer is an advanced performance instrument capable of generating an organic and inspirational new...
Favourite classic 90s synths sounds
The Korg Wavestate Digital 2.0 Wave Sequencing Synthesizer is an advanced performance instrument capable of generating an organic and inspirational new generation of musicians, producers, and composers, taking cues from sources as diverse as modular synths, groove boxes, drum machines and algorithmic composition.
New Sound Generation
The core of Wave Sequencing 2.0 synthesis is that duration, sample and pitch can be assigned to each step of a wave sequence. Timing, sequence, note duration, sequence values and further parameters are summarized under the term "lanes" and can be defined in more detail with loop positions, number of steps and insert point. In interaction with the four envelopes, three LFOs, velocity, modulation wheel and other sources, a complex sound construct is created that cannot be compared with any other synthesizer at present. Within the sequences there is also the possibility to insert coincidences or to modulate the steps from 0-100 percent with probability.
Filter and Effects
In the wavestate, both are not neglected: twelve filter models have been implemented to meet every taste. Included are the Korg classics MS-20 Lowpass and MS-20 Highpass which are much more biting in sound and the powerful, round Polysix filter. There are three effect blocks per layer, which offer various delay algorithms, modulation effects such as phaser or chorus, but also equalizer, compressor and special effects. The whole thing is rounded off by the higher-level reverb effect.
Ready for stage or studio
A pair of balanced line-level outputs ensures the Wavestate sounds fantastic even over long cable runs, and a headphone output is available for personal monitoring too — perfect for late-night sound design sessions. DIN MIDI ports are present for connecting with other MIDI-compatible hardware, and class-compliant USB MIDI is available for integrating with your computer. Speaking of which, we highly recommend downloading the free Wavestate Librarian software from Korg — it's the perfect way to manage your custom patches, create Set Lists, and much more.
- Type: Keyboard Synthesizer
- Sound Engine: Wave Sequencing 2.0
- Analog/Digital: Digital
- Number of Keys: 37
- Type of Keys: Full-sized, Velocity-sensitive
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod wheel, Vector X/Y Joystick
- Polyphony: 64 Stereo Notes
- Presets: 2GB PCM Sounds: 740 Programs, 240 Performances, 1000 Wave Sequences
- LFO: 3 x LFO
- Filter: Polysix, MS-20 Filters, 2-pole, 4-pole, Highpass, Lowpass, Bandpass, Multi Filter
- Envelope Generator: 3 x Envelopes
- Effects Types: 14 x Simultaneous FX: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Wah, Delay, Tape Echo, Reverb, Ring Modulator, Guitar Amp, Compressor
- Arpeggiator: 4 x Arpeggiators
- Sequencer: Step Sequencer Lane, Step Pulse
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" (L/mono, R)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x 1/4" (damper)
- Power Source: 12V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 3.66"
- Width: 22.24"
- Depth: 13.31"
- Weight: 6.93 lbs.