Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB
Better. Faster. Easier. Now with USB 18-in/20-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 8 Mic Preamps and Focusrite "Air" Effect, 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, ADAT I/O, 2 Headphone...
Type :Audio Interfaces
Better. Faster. Easier. Now with USB
18-in/20-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 8 Mic Preamps and Focusrite "Air" Effect, 24-bit/192kHz Conversion, ADAT I/O, 2 Headphone Outputs, and Included Software Bundle - Mac/PC
The Core of Your Studio or Mobile.
Recording Rig Focusrite's Clarett 8Pre USB 18-in/20-out preamp/audio interface is a powerful foundation for your studio or mobile recording rig. The flagship of the Clarett range boasts eight custom microphone preamplifiers, outstanding dynamic range, and ultra-fast low-latency performance. Clarett's magic starts as soon as you plug your microphones in — the preamps feature Focusrite's switchable Air Effect, which enhances your mic signals with the air and clarity of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based mic preamp. With comprehensive I/O including analog, S/PDIF, and ADAT, the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB is ready to integrate into virtually any recording rig.
Use your favorite plug-ins in real time.
With the Clarett 8Pre's exceedingly low round-trip audio latency over USB, you can record and monitor in real time with your favorite familiar DAW plug-ins. No special processing or DSP is required. Select any plug-in and create your dream recording chain on every single channel. Every Clarett ships with the Focusrite Classic Red 2 and Red 3 AAX, AU, and VST plug-in suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range EQ and compression hardware. Also included is Softube's Time and Tone Pack — a powerful plug-in bundle consisting of Softube's world-class TSAR-1R reverb, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
Included software bundle:
- XLN Audio – Addictive Keys: one of four inspiring and interesting keyboard instruments
- Focusrite – Red Plug-in Suite: accurately models Focusrite's classic Red 2 equalizer and Red 3 compressor
- Softube – Time and Tone Bundle: four of Softube's world-class reverb, delay, mastering and distortion plug-ins
- Focusrite – Plug-in Collective: exclusive offers, tutorial content, and more from some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies
- Ableton – Live Lite: a customized version of Ableton Live software
- Loopmasters: 2GB of royalty-free sample libraries
- Focusrite Control
Eight Clarett mic preamps with Air effect.
Designed exclusively for the Clarett range, the preamps in the Clarett 8Pre USB deliver loads of pristine gain and vanishingly low noise. In addition, these preamps include Focusrite's proprietary Air feature that switches in an analog model of Focusrite's acclaimed classic transformer-based ISA mic pre, breathing life into your recordings. If you've always wanted vocals that shimmer with presence and silky air, then try recording with the Clarett 8Pre USB. You will be impressed.
The cleanest way yet to get sound in and out of your DAW.
Conversion is key to superior digital audio, and Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 118dB of dynamic range, Clarett is the cleanest way to get sound in and out of your DAW. And naturally, the Clarett 8Pre USB includes a word clock output for slaving external digital devices.
Generous I/O to handle any recording scenario.
The Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB gives you 18 audio inputs and 20 outputs packed into a trim 1U rackmount chassis. This includes eight analog inputs, ten analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and eight channels of ADAT I/O. The ADAT output is perfect for sending audio to an external D/A for line output expansion, while the input can be used to bring in eight additional digital mic preamp channels, such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII, for maximum flexibility. In addition, two front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs give you quick and easy access — even when you've got your Clarett rack mounted. And those hi-Z inputs have copious headroom to handle your guitars and basses with hot passive or active pickups.
Accessible metering and monitoring.
Featuring a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter, the Clarett 8Pre USB's monitor panel keeps you informed of analog and digital input levels and main monitor outputs. Monitoring facilities include a level control, as well as dim and mute buttons. Add to that two wide dynamic range front-panel headphone outputs with enough power to deliver healthy level to high-impedance headphones, and the Clarett becomes your go-to device for tracking and mixing.
- 8 ultra-low noise (-128dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps
- Air circuit engages an analog model of classic transformer-based ISA mic pre
- Super-low-latency recording with amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Ultra-low distortion
- Up to 118dB dynamic range
- Mac/PC-compatible, USB 2.0 and above
- Connects to Mac or PC using included standard USB and USB Type-C cables
- Precision 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA conversion
- 2 front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs
- 6 mic/line inputs
- 2 monitor outputs with anti-thump technology
- 8 additional line outputs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT optical, for expansion of up to 8 additional input channels
- 2 high-power headphone outputs with level controls
- Dim and mute monitor controls
- Word clock output for sending clock signal to external gear
- 6-segment LED metering
- Included software from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton, and Loopmasters
- User-friendly Focusrite Control software lets you configure routing and monitor mixes from Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
Buy the Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB from Audiosaurus today. The Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.