DPA 4011A d:dicate™ Cardioid Microphone
A phenominal Mic from DPA, the MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule coupled with the MMP-A Preamplifier. This condenser microphone is renowned in recording studios and live applications...
Type :Condenser microphone
A phenominal Mic from DPA, the MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule coupled with the MMP-A Preamplifier.
The principal appeal of the MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule is its directional quality and attention to detail. This mic makes everything sounds like the original. The first-order cardioid pickup pattern provides superb separation between sound sources.
- The product offers the following features
- Great for high sound levels
- Accurate sound
- Colorless sound
- Modular flexibility
It is equally suitable for close-up work on acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments and vocals as it is for spot-miking symphonies. It can handle incredibly high sound levels and even includes a 20 dB pad switch in the center of the XLR connector to attenuate the output of the microphone.
A flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response deliver a totally faithful reproduction of the original sound. The off-axis response is similarly smooth so that any leakage is an accurate reflection of the original, though attenuated according to the true first-order cardioid pickup pattern.
A truly flexible range
The 4011A Cardioid Microphone is part of the flexible d:dicate™ Microphone Series. The MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule coupled with the MMP-A Preamplifier is the worldwide reference standard for extreme sound level handling. For another option, match the MMC4011 Cardioid Microphone Capsule with the MMP-C Compact Preamplifier for compact and precise close-miking of the majority of instruments.
The 4011A Cardioid Microphone is also available as a matched stereo pair.
Buy the DPA 4011A microphone from Audiosaurus today. The Pro Audio specialists in South Africa.
- Directional pattern Cardioid
- Principle of operation Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ±2 dB, at 30 cm (11.8 in) 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±2 dB at 1 kHz10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted Typ. 18 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 20 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4 Typ. 25 dB (correct with the attenuator in 0 dB or -20 dB setting) S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL)
- Typ. 76 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD) < 1% up to 139 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range Typ. 121 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping 159 dB
- Switchable attenuator, filters etc. 0 dB / -20dB
- Output impedance 200 Ω
- Minimum load impedance 2 kΩ
- Cable drive capability 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common mode rejection ratio (CMRR) > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full performance) 48 V Phantom power (± 4 V)
- Current consumption 2.8 mA
- Connector XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color Matte black
- Weight 158 g (5.6 oz)
- Microphone diameter 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Capsule diameter 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length 170 mm (6.7 in)
- Maximum output voltage, RMS > 5 V
- Polarity +V at pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- Relative humidity (RH) Up to 90%
- Matching tolerance (frequency response and sensitivity) ±1 dB