If you're recording horns, the Shure Beta 98H/C the mic to go to. You get a smooth sound that's detailed enough to be bright yet easily tamable into the warm glow that most modern music demands. A clip allows you to attach the Beta 98H/C to the bell of just about any horn and some woodwinds, and a gooseneck extension lets you place the capsule of the mic right at the sweet spot of the instrument. The Beta 98H/C is also an excellent choice for percussion and some stringed instruments. Once you have one, you'll find yourself using your Beta 98H/C on all kinds of instruments.
Shure Beta 98H/C Mini Instrument Condenser Microphone Features at a Glance:
- 10' high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection) included
- Designed to meet the demands of brass, woodwinds, and percussion
- Flexible integrated gooseneck
- Clip-on clamp for secure fit and precise positioning
- No external mounting hardware required
- Requires +48V phantom power