The Beta 98/S condenser microphone is precision-engineered for high-SPL instrument applications. Itssupercardioid polar patternprovides maximum isolation from other onstage sounds.
Best suited to:
Brass, Snare, Toms, Percussion
Also great for:
Additional acoust. instr.
WHAT IS THE BETA 98S BEST SUITED TO?
It's a premium instrument microphone which is ideal for use with a variety of instruments such as drums, conga, piano, reed, wind and string in both stage and studio applications.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTARISTICS OF THE BETA 98S?
It has a tailored frequency response of 20Hz - 20KHz and a high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) of 125dB. It has a supercardioid pickup pattern providing high gain before feedback. A seperate in-line preamplifier is included as well as a 25ft detatchable cable to go between the pre-amp and the mic. The pre-amp output is through a male XLR socket, and requires phantom power.
This mic is also available with a drum mount. See Beta 98D/S
- Tailored frequency response for studio quality performance
- Wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Optional A98D drum mount is unobtrusive and versatile, allowing precise positioning of the microphone while holding it firmly in place
- Compact design reduces stage clutter
- Detachable cable for easy storage
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges with different polar patterns are available
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
OVERVIEW ON ALL BETA 98 MODELS
|Interchangeable Capsue||Mounting (incl.)||Cable (incl.)||RPM626 Preamp||Wireless Option|
|Beta 98S||Supercardioid||Niere (RPM108)||Stand mount (RK282)||95A2398 (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98D/S||Supercardioid||Niere (RPM108)||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98H/C||Cardioid||Supercardioid(RPM110)||Horn mount||fixed||InLine, fixed||no|
|Beta 98A/C||Cardioid||-||Stand mount (RK282)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AD/C||Cardioid||-||Drum mount (A98D)||C98D (TA3F/TA4F)||InLine, plug-in||yes|
|Beta 98AMP/C||Cardioid||-||Universal mount (A75M)||-||integrated||bo|
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -59 dBV/Pa / 1,1 mV/Pa
- 156 dB (@ 1 k?)
- 160 dB (@ 2,5 k?)
- Weight: 12 g
- Frequency Response Curve: