The precision-engineered Beta 87A condenser vocal microphone has a smooth, tailored response for warm, accurate sound. Itssupercardioid polar patternprovides maximum isolation from nearby vocalists or instruments.
Best suited to:
Also great for:
WHAT IS THE BETA 87A BEST SUITED TO?
The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. It is ideal for a professional lead or backing vocalist either on stage, for live recording or in the studio.
WHAT ARE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BETA 87A?
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The tailored frequency responce with its presence rise , brightens the upper midrange and helps the vocals cut through the mix. The tight supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. It operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
- Transducer Type : Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -52,5 dBV/Pa / 2,37 mV/Pa
- Weight: 207 g
- Frequency Response Curve: