Black Lion Audio B12A MkII - Out of stock
Inspired by the classic American rock sound of the original API? 312A, the B12A MkII delivers the high-end sound and rugged quality you'd expect from B.L.A.,...
Vendor :Black Lion Audio
Type :Microphone Preamps
Inspired by the classic American rock sound of the original API? 312A, the B12A MkII delivers the high-end sound and rugged quality you'd expect from B.L.A., at an amazing price! The B12A MkII is a single-channel microphone preamp in the style of an API? 312A, and features an upgraded input transformer, higher gain, and lower noise than the original B12A. It also features an output transformer, a Hi-Z input, phantom power, pad, phase, and is housed in a 1U, 1/2 rack chassis.
"Black Lion Audio's B12A MkII is one of the best ways to get into a 312A style preamp at a reasonable price."
- Harmony Central (full review here)
"Direct guitars and basses have a warmth and depth that's musical and sweet. It doesn't tend to color the sound, just gives more. It really excels at warming up sterile sonics. It's a classic sound, and considering that the API 312A was an inspiration in its design, it lives up to that in spades." '
- Performer Mag (full review here)
"?we were impressed time and again with the B12A's faithful recreation of the classic API sound. Its character is big, warm and quite muscular with plenty of punch. The bottom-end is solid and weighty while the upper frequencies are clear and reasonably extended."
- MusicTech (full review here)
"If you crave the vintage API sound but the budget is a little tight? [the B12A MKII's] one that you ought to listen to."
- Sound On Sound (full review here)
- Cinemag Input Transformer
- Edcor Output Transformer
- 70dB Gain
- Hi-Z Input (passive, unbalanced)
- Phantom Power
- 18dB Pad
- Phase Switch
- XLR Microphone Input
- TRS Line Output (balanced)
- Max Microphone Input Level: +1dBu
- Input Impedance: 200?
- Pad: 18dB
- Gain (no pad): +26dB to +70dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -120dB
-THD+N (@ +4dBu output):
-.012% @ +22 dBu
-.013% @ +36 dBu
-.046% @ +56 dBu
-.145% @ +66 dBu
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 150? source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz
- Max D.I. Input Level: +18dBu
- Input Impedance: 500k?
- Pad: none
- Gain: +10dB to +53dB
- Equivalent Input Noise (noise floor): -102dB
- THD+N (@ +4dBu output):
- Bandwidth (1kHz, 600? unbalanced
source, unweighted): 10Hz to 30kHz
- Max Output Level: +28dBu
- Output Impedance: 600?
- 24VAC, 500mA External Supply
- 9.5" x 6.5" x 1.75"
- 3.2 lbs
- 13" x 11" x 5"
- 5.5 lbs