Enjoy the flexibility of an active dynamic mic
The Aston Microphones Stealth blurs the line between dynamic and condenser microphones. In passive mode, it's a high-quality cardioid dynamic mic that excels on guitar amps and drums. Engaging phantom power turns on active dynamic mode, which utilizes a built-in Class A preamp to raise the input sensitivity. You're rewarded with more gain before feedback.
Built for reliable workhorse performance
Beyond the versatility of its active/passive modes, the Stealth microphone is built to make day-to-day operation enjoyable. It comes with a quick-release stand mount, making it easier to swap mics and stands during a session. The Stealth mic also features a unique Sorbothane internal shockmount, helping to prevent unwanted rumble in your signal.
Four voicing modes enhance sonic performance
Four different voicing modes help you optimize Stealth's response for guitars, vocals, and more. Aston explains that these aren't EQ filters, which can make professional post-processing difficult, if not impossible. These voicing modes utilize "contour networks," which essentially reinforce key frequencies without sonically destructive filter circuits. The result is much lower phase distortion than you'd typically encounter with most pre-EQ designs.
- Active/passive dynamic mic with 4 voicing modes
- Built-in Class A preamp increases mic sensitivity in active mode (requires phantom power)
- Auto-detects 48-volt phantom power to engage active mode
- 4 different voicings optimize mic response: Vocal 1, Vocal 2, Guitar, and Dark
- Internal Sorbothane shockmount minimizes low-end rumble
- Includes quick-release mic stand mount
- Purple LED phantom power indicator can be disabled for Stealth mode
- Capsule is enclosed in a stainless steel Faraday cage for maximum interference rejection