Comprehensive Pro-quality I/O in a Single Rack Space!
The Antelope Audio Orion 32 AD/DA converter and audio interface brings extreme quality and flexibility to your recording rig. Outfitted with Antelope's acclaimed Acoustically Focused Clocking and special high-speed USB connection, the Orion 32 delivers 32 channels of pristine digital audio to and from your computer. There are 32 channels of analog I/O plus comprehensive digital I/O for total setup flexibility, and you can control it all via a powerful onboard routing and mixing engine. You'll be amazed at what you can do with your Antelope Audio Orion 32.
Versatile Audio Interface for Any Recording Studio
- Connects to your computer via custom USB or MADI
- Up to 32 channels of 192kHz digital audio over USB
- 32 channels of analog plus ADAT optical and S/PDIF digital I/O
Whether it's a bare-bones location recording rig or a complex multimedia production house, an Antelope Audio Orion 32 is the perfect centerpiece for your recording rig. In addition to MADI I/O, the Orion 32 offers a very special kind of USB connectivity. Dissatisfied with off-the-shelf options, Antelope built their own high-speed USB chip that's capable of delivering 32 channels of pristine 192kHz I/O. And with 32 channels of analog I/O plus 16 channels of ADAT optical I/O and two channels of S/PDIF, the Orion 32 is one fully equipped audio interface.
Mitch Gallagher sits down with Marcel James from Antelope Audio to check out an amazing mixing rig, based around an Antelope Orion converter and Pro Tools software.
Flexible Control Software for Total Routing Freedom
- Easily create complex routing schemes
- Zero-latency mixing onboard
- Save and recall up to five custom configurations
You'll find routing signals in the Antelope Audio Orion 32 to be incredibly easy, thanks to its brilliant desktop control software. Compatible with both Mac and Windows PCs, this ingenious software lets you quickly establish even the most complex routing schemes with ease. On top of that, this software also gives you onboard mixing control, allowing you to set up zero-latency monitoring feeds and headphone mixes. Antelope also outfitted the Orion 32 with five preset buttons, which let you instantly store and recall your favorite settings.
Rock-solid Clocking for Your Whole Recording Studio
- Acoustically Focused Clocking with oven-controlled crystal oscillator
- Input for Antelope Audio's high-precision M10 clocking
- Four discrete word clock outputs for the rest of your digital gear
Sporting Antelope's amazing fourth-generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology and an oven-controlled crystal oscillator, the Orion 32 easily competes with any studio-standard clock on the market. This is the same technology that's made Antelope a household name in top recording, post-production, and mastering facilities around the world. What's more, the Orion 32 includes four separate word clock outputs, making it an excellent master clock for your entire system.
The Ideal Interface for Your Mobile Production Rig
- Ultra-compact 1U chassis fits in any rack
- Low heat means no need for venting
- Record up to 24 tracks at once on your iPad
At just one rackspace tall, the Antelope Audio Orion 32 packs a ton of functionality into a small amount of space. It also runs cooly enough to not require venting, which means it really won't take up more than a single rack space. That makes the Orion 32 ideal for mobile recording rigs and cramped setups. But it gets even better. Antelope also built the Orion 32 to be totally Core Audio compliant, allowing you to record the maximum 24 tracks at once on your iPad. Talk about portable recording power!
MADI Daisy Chaining for High-channel-count Setups
- Daisy-chain two Orion 32s together via MADI
- Provides up to 64 channels of 192kHz digital audio
- Setup is easy, thanks to the included configuration software
Need more high-quality I/O? No problem. You can easily link two Orion 32 converters together via MADI for a complete 64-channel system that will knock your socks off. You just need two Antelope Audio Orion 32s, a couple of MADI cables, and a MADI interface. Setting the whole system up is super easy, thanks to the included configuration software, and the results are absolutely astonishing.
From small studios to sprawling media houses, the Antelope Audio Orion 32 gives you the I/O you need!
- A compact 32-channel AD/DA converter and audio interface that's perfect for your studio, mobile rig, or full-scale media production house
- Clocking controlled by Antelope's renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) with M10 Atomic input and oven-controlled crystal oscillator
- User-friendly onboard routing and zero-latency mixing control application available for both Windows and Mac OS X
- Conveys up to 32 channels of 192kHz digital audio to and from your computer via a custom USB chip
- Delivers up to 32 channels of up to 96kHz digital audio via fiber-optic MADI I/O connections
- Core Audio compliance provides up to 24 channels of recording to your iPad (requires Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- MADI daisy chaining lets you combine two Orion 32s for 64-channel systems
- All analog connections are simplified thanks to 8 x standard 25-pin D-sub connectors
- 4 x ADAT optical connections provide you with an additional 16 channels of digital I/O
- 2 x channels of S/PDIF digital I/O for additional outboard gear
- 4 x word clock outputs and 1 x word clock input give you handy master clock distribution
- 5 x presets add fast and easy recall of your favorite setups
- 1U chassis takes up minimal space in your equipment rack
- 15W power consumption generates virtually no heat