AMS Neve 1073LB
Own and hear the original 1073 Classic microphone preamplifier. Launched in 1970, the 1073 is the first choice of leading producers and artists, delivering the unique Neve...
Type :Microphone Preamps
Own and hear the original 1073 Classic microphone preamplifier.
Launched in 1970, the 1073 is the first choice of leading producers and artists, delivering the unique Neve sound on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years. The big, punchy sound of the 1073 complements any musical genre – from rock to pop, hip-hop to rap, thrash to classical.
With new features like a fine TRIM control, switchable microphone input impedance, signal presence LED, intelligent protected switching of front combi-XLR input connector and Neve's clever Audio Processing Input design, the 1073LB takes your 500-series rack to the next level.
Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible 500-series rack, connect your microphone or line level signals and inject that legendary sound into your audio creations.
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both Mic and Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Gain knob with Signal Presence LED
- +5/-20dB level Trim control with integrated phantom power on/off switch
- Phase, Impedance and Front Input selector switches
- Front combi-XLR connector with intelligent switching of phantom power
- Audio Processing Insert design allows processing from adjacent Neve modules in same LunchboxTM to be inserted into the 1073LB's pre-output stage
- Microphone Input: Gain -80db to -20dB in 5dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 4k ohms bridging, gain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth)
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz
- Crafted in England by Neve engineers
|<h>Microphone Amplifier Section:|
|Microphone Input:||Transformer balanced and earth free. Switchable impedance (300Ω or 1200Ω)Gain -80dB to -20dB in 5dB steps|
|Line Input:||Transformer balanced and earth free. Impedance 4kΩ bridgingGain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps|
|Output:||Transformer balanced and earth free. Maximum Output is +28dBuOutput impedance is 75Ω @ 1kHz|
|Distortion:||0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz @ +20dBu output (80kHz bandwidth)|
|Frequency Response:||+/-0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB @ 40kHz|
|Noise:||-82dBu at all Line gain settings (22Hz to 22kHz bandwidth)|
|EIN:||Better than -125dBu @ 60dB gain|
|Front Panel:||Gain control with Signal presence indicator, fine trim control with integrated +48v phantom power on/off push switch, phase switch, microphone impedance selector, front/rear input connector selector switch, combi-XLR audio input connector|
|Width:||38mm (1½ inches)|
|Height:||132mm (5¼ inches)|
|Depth (excluding front panel controls & rear connector):||145mm (5¾ inches)|
|Approx. Weight:||1.1Kg (2½ pounds)|
|<h>1073LB Module requirements:|
|Rack:||Compliant LunchboxTM rack with integral PSU and external audio connections|
|Available Rack slots:||Single LunchboxTM rack slot required for each 1073LB module|