SSL XL-Desk, loaded with 16x EQ modules
The smart dumb analogue console. XL-Desk is a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. It's designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require...
Type :Consoles & Controllers
The smart dumb analogue console.
XL-Desk is a modern twist on the classic analogue studio console. It's designed for tracking or mixing engineers who require an analogue console within a DAW centric studio, but don't want or need the integrated DAW control and analogue level automation other SSL console products have made the new hybrid studio standard.
XL-Desk is in many ways a traditional 24 into 8 analogue console but it packs in an incredible collection of features. It has 20 channel strips: 16 dual input mono (switchable between main input or DAW return) and 4 stereo channels. The first eight channels have VHD mic pre's. There is an 18 slot 500 format rack built in that can be used for processing or mic pre's. XL-Desk ships with a legendary SSL Stereo Bus Compressor module in slots 17 & 18 (hard wired to Mix A). The rack has its own dedicated high spec' power supply. There are four main Mix Busses (A, B, C, D) with buses B, C and D able to be summed into Mix A. The Busses and channels can access the 500 rack and each have a separate insert point for processing. There are two mono aux sends and two stereo return inputs. Direct outputs on every channel, stereo return and mix bus enable convenient stem printing. Each channel has a Cue Stereo Bus section (with Pan and Volume) used to provide one of the headphone mixes while tracking. At mixdown the mono channel DAW return signals can be routed to the CUE ST bus and then summed into Mix A, so there are 16 main faders + 16 Cue ST inputs + 4 Stereo channels providing 40 summing inputs (using the stereo returns and insert Sum functions you can squeeze in over 50 summing inputs). There is also a fully-featured monitoring section with bass management (3 sets of speakers + subwoofer), Foldback A and B with individual talkbacks for headphone mixes and a built in Listen Mic input + classic compressor circuit, with its own direct output.
- 20 + 1 fader, over 40 input SuperAnalogueTM SSL console
- 8-built in Variable Harmonic Drive (VHD) preamps
- 16 dual input mono channels (switchable between main input or DAW return)
- 4 stereo channels (switchable to mono for tracking)
- The legendary Stereo Bus Compressor, with new high-pass filter sidechain
- 18-slot 500 format rack built-in, accessible from channels or mix busses
- In addition to a 500 rack insert each mono channel also has a standard insert point
- 4 stereo Mix Busses with their own insert points and access to the 500 rack
- One stereo and 2 mono aux sends. Two dedicated stereo return inputs
- Direct outputs on every channel, stereo return and mix bus for stem printing
- Fully-featured monitoring section with bass management
- Foldback A and B with individual talkbacks for headphone mixes
- Built in Listen Mic input + classic compressor circuit, with its own direct output
- AFL and Solo-In-Place solo modes, with Solo Clear and Solo Safe (Protect) modes
- Balanced D-Sub rear panel inputs/outputs & Front panel headphones & iJack sockets
- High quality internal PSU