Universal Audio 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier
1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier FET-Style Compressor with Class A Output & Custom Transformers — True to the Original The 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is a...
Vendor :Universal Audio
1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier
The 1176LN Classic Limiting Amplifier is a modern reproduction, yet every effort was made to remain faithful to UA founder Bill Putnam Sr.’s visionary design and intentions. The original UA 1176LN was a major breakthrough in limiter technology — the first true peak limiter with all transistor circuitry offering superior performance with a signature sound — and set the standard for all limiters to follow. The ultra-fast attack time and trademark sound have lured legendary artists and studio moguls alike to the 1176LN — Peter Frampton, Joe Satriani, Joe Chiccarelli, Vance Powell, and Mike Elizondo are just a few names on a list that’s continued to grow, for nearly 50 years.
- FET-Style Compressor with Class A Output & Custom Transformers
- True to the original 1176 in design, manufacturing and performance
- Ultra fast attack time – 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
- True to the original in design, manufacturing and performance
- Modeled after 1176LN, blackface, D and E revisions
- Ultra fast attack time -20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Custom built Putnam-designed output transformer
- Stereo interconnect operation
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-year limited warranty