The Nord Piano 2 lets you play, split and layer sounds from both the Nord Piano Library and the Nord Sample Library and features a versatile effect section
- all in a portable package sporting a premium 88-key Hammer Action keybed (HA88) or the ultra light weight 73 key Hammer Action Portable (HP) keybed.
- 88-note Hammer Action keybed or 73-key Hammer Action Portable keybed
- All sounds can be replaced
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Layer and split-functionality
- Dynamic Pedal Noise (with Nord Triple Pedal)
- Comprehensive Effect section
- Delay Effect
- Stereo Tube Overdrive
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- Long Release
- USB-MIDI - No driver required for Mac OS X, a WHQL certified driver is available for Windows.
The Nord Piano 2 comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library - our specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using our state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and new additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Piano 2 is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
Advanced String Resonance
Reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds.
Adds a slightly longer release to the tone, which can be suitable when playing legato.
The Nord Triple Pedal*
Has Soft and Sustenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal enabling the use of half-pedaling and "release and catch" techniques.
Recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism, producing the characteristic thomp and sizzle sounds. The Pedal Noise feature responds dynamically to the force/momentum used when pressing or releasing the sustain pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal.
* The Nord Triple Pedal is included with the Nord Piano 2 HA88. Available as optional accessory for the Nord Piano 2 HP.
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
The Sample Synth section in the Nord Piano 2 supports the extensive Nord Sample Library - containing over 1000 quality sounds from leading sample producers as well as the exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
The Nord Sample library is updated on a regular basis and new additions can be downloaded for free! See the Nord Sample Library section to learn more and to listen to the sounds available!
The Sample Synth section has dedicated knobs for adjusting the attack and release and volume of the selected sound. Volume can also be controlled with an optional Volume Pedal and the Sustenuto pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal can be used as a separate Sustain/Gate Pedal for the Sample Synth section for advanced layering possibilites.
With the included software Nord Sample Editor you can even create your own sample instruments. Load your .WAV-files, assign them to keys on the keyboard and transfer them to the Nord Piano 2 to play them instantly. The Nord Sample Editor can also assist you in looping and mapping your sounds.
The Nord Piano 2 has an extensive Effect section with great, tweakable effects. Each effect section can be assigned to either the Piano or the Sample Synth section and lets you instantly add some dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound.
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo)
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
The Nord Piano 2 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions a player needs in a performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound is accomplished in seconds. There are 240 locations, organized in 2 banks with 24 pages with 5 programs each. The Nord Piano 2 also has 5 Live locations that automatically save the current settings - ideal as a sketching pad at rehearsals when tr